Nine

~*~

"Truth in my lies"

O N W A R D S;

Caleb was in a better mood than the one he came in with but that easily changed as he stepped out of the hospital doors cameras flashed in his face making it hard for him see.
"Caleb!", "Caleb! Over here!" Voices yelled from every direction.
What the actual hell? How did they find him? The assholes must have followed him from his hotel—
"Why haven't you been at the office?" One of them managed to ask above the crowd.

"Does it have something to do with who you're visiting here?"
Caleb tried to cover his face with his jacket but the fabric was short and turned out to be unsuccessful.
"Is it true that the board is in disagreement with how many days you've taken off work?"
"Hearst Global has huge deals coming up, is your current situation going to affect that?"
"Mr. Hearst, who is the woman you've been visiting?"

"Is this mystery woman pregnant with your child?"
"Are you trying to hide her from the world?"
"What is going on Mr. Hearst?"
Caleb wanted nothing more to disappear and magically appear in his car and drive away. Normally he'd have at least one body guard at his side when he'd go to premiers or important meetings with the press but he's never had the assholes try to prevent from leaving anywhere.

"Are you going to continue to come to this hospital?"
Caleb bit his tongue and forcefully made his way to his car and got in slamming the door and switching the engine on in a hurry. Thankfully he didn't run over anyone as he sped out of the car park and down the street with an exasperated look on his face. With the paparazzi in his rear view mirror he breathed out a sigh of relief and headed to where James was meeting him.

At the sight of his friend James stood up with a smile on his face.
"Caleb," he clasped his hand on Caleb's shoulder in a friendly greeting.
"You're looking well?"
Caleb chuckled, "And you look like shit, Jesse keep you up?"
James suddenly runs his hands down his cheeks, "Goddam it, the kid can't stay asleep!"

"How's Christina doing?" Caleb asked about James' wife.
James suddenly had a boyish grin come to his face, it often happened when Caleb brought her up, "She's doing amazing. She asked about you the other day, gossip is getting around that you're not going to work."
James, like Caleb was in the business world as he too, owner and ran his own company.

Caleb shook his head, "Fucking paparazzi caught me at the hospital this morning too."
James sipped his drink and leaned back in his chair, "How is she?"
Caleb nodded, "She's fine."
James scoffed, "That's all I get? Fine?"
Caleb rolled his eyes, "What do you want me to tell you? That she doesn't remember anything but a few memories of us being together in Greece.. that she doesn't even remember why she left me?"

James sighed meeting Caleb's distressed eyes, "When you called me the other night and told me about— the kid, was it true?"
Caleb sighed and looked away, he was drunk as fuck when he had called James at minutes to four in the morning slurring all of his words. He nodded answering his question, "Did you bring it up with her?"

Caleb scoffed, "No, it doesn't matter anymore—"
James looked flabbergasted, "Like hell it doesn't matter Caleb! That's your child we're talking about!"
"The child is dead James! He died! He's not here anymore so why bring him up when he's already gone!"
James shook his head, "It's still fucked up.."
"Well we all can't have perfect fucking life like yours." Caleb muttered quietly to himself.

Both men sat in silence for awhile before Caleb felt his phone vibrate and Daniella's popped up as a text on the screen.

Daniella
Don't forget our date on Friday ;)