Twenty One

" it's alright now."

O N W A R D S;

Caleb sat at his desk with piles of files stacked onto his desk but he wasn't paying any attention to them. His mind was on his investigation as he liked to call it. He was trying to find a plan of action to uncover the mystery that was, what had really happened in Greece. When he'd last talked to his mother she'd told him, what may have been the most important piece of the puzzle, which involved his deceased father. The thought of him left a bitter taste in his mouth.

If his father had really chased Georgia away from him, Caleb needed to talk to someone who would have been with his father most of the time and whom would have been overheard him when certain events went down; and Caleb knew exactly who to talk too. Frank had worked for his father for over twenty years before his father's passing, as his chauffeur and in the back of the limo was where his father did most of his business deals and Caleb knew Frank would have heard and known all the juicy gossip his father must have been spilling to his fellow colleagues.

Only Frank was retired now and Caleb needed to find a way to contact him. Another man Caleb had thought of speaking with was Kingsley Pascal; Daniella's father who had been his father's most loyal friend but Caleb would only talk to him if it came as a last resort. He didn't need Kingsley's big mouth opening and starting rumors just yet.

He'd gone through one of his father's address books and found Frank's last known address. It wasn't too far from him and as he packed up his files on his desk and told his employees he was leaving early. The drive was short and Caleb pulled up in front of an apartment complex. He closed his door and walked up to the front door pressing the buzzer.
Shortly after a woman opened the door and smiled at him, "How may I help you dear?" She asked quietly.

Caleb sent her smile, "I was actually hoping you could help me....."
The older woman nodded, "Is there a Frank Jones that lives here?"
At the sound of the name the woman visibly winced, "I'm sorry dear, Frank was my late husband."
Late. Caleb bit his lip, "He passed four months ago."
Caleb felt the wind being ripped out of him, "I'm so sorry for your loss Mrs. Jones."

The older woman smiled, "Thank you dear."
He made a move to turn but her question stopped him, "How'd you know Frank?" She asked.
"He worked for my father."
The woman suddenly gasped, "You're Thomas' son?" She paused, "Caleb?"
Caleb nodded his head curiously as the woman continued, "My dear, Frank talked about you all the time!"

"He always used to say you would be a great businessman!" The woman smiled.
"He was quite fond of you."
Caleb sent her a small smile, "What caused you to want to visit?" She asked curiously.
Caleb smiled, "I had a few questions about my father for him."
The older woman looked thoughtful, "Dear I know I may not be of much help but Frank did confide in me a few times."

Caleb was unsure of whether he should talk to the woman but in the end he just shrugged, "Did Frank ever tell you about my trip to Greece?"
Mrs. Jones seemed to be in thought before she nodded, "He did. He was particularly upset about how Mr. Hearst had handled it."
She nodded her head, "Made you come back to New York right?"
Caleb nodded, "—and there was a girl." She muttered on.

Caleb perked up, "What about the girl?"
The woman suddenly frowned, "I'm sorry dear, I don't exactly remember but I knew Frank was livid about a conversation you're father had had with Kingsley Pascal."
Caleb scoffed, of course. Caleb thanked her again and headed towards his car. There was a buzzing in his pockets as Georgia's name popped up on the screen,

5:32– lasagna or pasta?????

Caleb smiled and replied quickly,

5:33– surprise me?

The ping made him look at his phone again,

5:34– fine since ur obvi no help.

Caleb chuckled and turned the engine on and pulled out from the sidewalk.