Chapter 10

Niall's Pov

Smooth move, Liam. He slapped me on the back before brushing right past me, heading into the kitchen. I gave Ellis a lazy smile, which she returned, a hint of sadness pouring from her eyes. I paced over to where she was sat, slipping into the space that Liam created. Almost by impulse, Ellis shuffled an inch closer to me, our hips almost touching.

“Welcome back, by the way.” Ellis gave me a small nudge, smirking as her hair fell over her face. “Missed you.”

“Missed us?” I prayed I didn’t sound too hopeful.

Ellis cocked her head towards me, her beautiful smile setting my heart on fire. “Yeah, you. The boys.” My heart stopped burning, sinking down to the pit of my stomach. The shame was obvious on my face as Ellis nudged me yet again, giggling to herself.

“And you, you big idiot!” That was all it took, I wrapped my arm around her and ruffled her hair, my tigers entwined in her blonde locks. She squealed at the contact, wriggling around in a fit of giggles. She fell onto my lap as I tickled her ribs, small squeals still slipping from her lips. Her laugh hit me like an ocean, I felt like I was swimming in the sweet sound of it. I stopped tickling Ellis, and she tilted her head round to face me, the back of her head resting gently on my thighs. Her chest rose and fell in a beautiful rhythm, her breath light and sweet.

Ellis lifted her eyelids, her beautiful emerald eyes staring right up into mine, the sun making them sparkle like actual gems. I let out a soft shuckle, laughing at the blonde moustache her hair had created when she fell. I lifted my hand from her stomach to her face, brushing away the stray strands of blonde hair brushed across her lip. Her eyes fell to my fingers as I moved them away, her lips twitching as I touched them, as if longing for me to.

Our eyes connected once more, smiles playing on our mouths. I rest my hand on her cheek, stroking it with my thumbs lightly, her cheeks heating at my touch. I glanced at her lips one more time, her rosiness irresistible to me now. Without any more pondering, I bent my head down slowly, keeping eye contact, waiting for Ellis to back out. She didn’t move, the corners of her mouth twitching, her breath small and sharp. She lifted her hand to move, locking her fingers in the spaces between mine still resting on her cheek. Our lips, milimetres apart, mimicked each other, puckering up, preparing, and I bent down to close the gap. Our lips had barely touched when sparks flew around my mouth, but that was as far as I could get.

“WE’RE HOME!” Louis’ voice, a few pitches higher than normal, filled the air, causing Ellis and I to both jump. Talk about a cock-block. We sprung apart, Ellis jolting up, shuffling as far to the other end of the sofa as possible. I shuffled about slightly, running my hands through my hair constantly, because that wasn’t obvious.

Zayn was the first to appear in the doorway, Harry’s head bobbing above his shoulder. “Vas happenin’ guyz?” Zayn raised his eyebrows, talking in his typical flirtatious accent. He faked a smile at him, not wanting to give anything away. 

“Where’s Liam? Bought him a little something.” Harry furrowed his eyebrows together, scanning the room.

“Kitchen I think.” Harry sauntered off to find Liam, and Zayn entered the room, flopping onto the sofa opposite me and Ellis. Louis was the final person to appear, and what a sight he was. He had his blue Hollister hoody on backwards, the hood balanced neatly on his chest. A pair of huge novelty pink heart glasses were strapped to his eyes, and a pair of bunny ears tangled in his overgrown hair. I couldn’t help but crack up at his appearance, my weird laugh filling up the room. Louis, pretty pleased with the reaction, sat down next to Zayn, resting his legs on the table in front. He folded his arms, and smiled cheekily in triumph.

I moved my head to face Ellis, and our eyes connected for umpteenth time that day, she had clearly been watching me the whole time. She dropped her head out of embarrassment, but lifted it again in case I’d looked away. I gave her a small smile, and she flushed a shade of crimson. I just had to talk to her. Harry re entered the room, without his jacket this time.

“I thought you went for fish and chips?” Ellis spoke up, her voice so sweet in my ears.

“Yeah, but it was closed. Liam’s cooking.”

“Fancy.” I got up, desperate to talk to Liam about what had happened. I found him stiring something in a saucepan, the smell of meat in the air. 

“You alright man?” Liam didn’t look up from the stiring, but he knew it was me.

“Yeah yeah, I just have to tell you something. Me an-” I heard movement behind me, and I froze, not wanting anyone to hear about what went down just yet. A small head of blonde tangled hair appeared by my side, beaming at Liam.

“Smells good Liam.” He looked up at Ellis, and smiled at her, before returning his attention tot he cooking. “Niall, can I talk to you for a sec?” She didn’t give me the chance to answer, before she took my hand, and dragged me upstairs.