Chapter 11

Ellis.

I opened the door to Harry’s room, not surprised by the mess of bedding and clothes scattered everywhere. I heard the door close behind me, and I spun round to see Niall gazing at me blankly. Small butterflies danced around my stomach, the hairs on my arm standing on end. We’d almost kissed, we were so close. The butterflies doubled at the thought of it, making me crazy.

“So, what did you want?”

His voice put a huge smile I my face, nerves shooting up my spine. I debated if I should one last time, before taking a few steps closer to Niall, closin the gap rapidly. He watched my every move, still not clocking on. It wasn’t until I threw my arms around his neck that he knew what I was doing. He placed his hands gently onto my hips, bending his head forward. His lips lingered over mine for a second, his eyes fluttering, before he closed the milimetre between them.

It was wonderful. Our lips caught between each other, dancing in a slow rhythm. His soft touch sent tingles around my lips, making me hungrier for a stronger kiss. As if answering my silent prayers, Niall’s grip round my waist tightened, and he opened his mouth slightly, his tongue ask for acceptance. My hands slipped from his neck, my palms gently resting on his cheeks. I needed breathe. I bent my head down, disconnecting our lips, dropping my hands to his chest. Niall’s hands moved from my hips up to my face, lifting it ever so slightly. I lifted my eyes to meet his, and he smiled. His forehead fell onto mine gently.

“Your hair is getting really shaggy.”

Niall let out a slight laugh at my comment, wrapping his arms around me. I fell into his chest, my hands connecting behind his back. He gave me a big squeeze, resting his lips onto my forehead, placing a small kiss on my skin.

“Yeah, I know, it needs a trim.”

“Don’t cut it too short, I like the style of it.”

“I won’t.” his chin fell into the top of my head, straining his neck slightly. He wasn’t that much taller than me, so it was a bit of an effort. “So, is that what you wanted?”

“Pretty much.”

“Not complaining.”

I giggled into his chest, the scent from his shirt making me lightheaded. “Did you want to go back down?”

“I’m perfectly fine up here actually. Well.. not really..” he trailed off, deep in though. I removed my face from his chest, and gazed up at him.

“Oh?”

“Yeah..” He dropped his hands down to mine, gripping them gently. He pulled me over towards the bed, where he fell perfectly, closing his eyes. I laid down next to him, snuggling closer to him. He rested his hand on my upper arm, stroking it softly with his thumb. “This is better.”

I couldn’t have agreed more.

***

I had no idea how to tell Harry what happened. I don’t know whether he’d accept it, or freak out that his two best friends kissed. What if it developed into something more, what if we actually got together? I guess it would be difficult, seeing as they have the competition, plus he lives so far away. What if the band split, I’d never see him again. I don’t think..

I was reading too much into it. It was only a kiss. An amazing, heart melting, first kiss