Chapter 13

Ellis Pov

Saturday. I couldn’t contain my excitement. The boys refused to tell me anything about their performance. I wasn’t even allowed to watch the final episode of X Factor, they wanted it to be a surprise. All I knew was that they got through, along with Aiden Grimshaw, and Cher Lloyd, which I was ecstatic about, they were my favourites from the auditions.

Me, Matt and Cody decided to take a day trip to London, spending hours browsing the shops, eating food, queueing up to enter the arena for the first live show, which we didn’t even need to do. I didn’t buy anything, I didn’t feel the need. After a few hours of doing nothing, we finally headed towards the studios, more tiny butterflies flying around inside me with every step I took. Harry had given us the backstage tickets, one of the perks of performing on the show, having a bundle of wristbands for friends and family. We happily skipped past the queues, and headed straight in. Half six, still had over an hour to go. I was nervous for them.

“I hope Cher’s good tonight!” Cody tipped her head back as she stared up to the ceiling. We’d already found our seats, and were pretty much surrounded quickly by strangers.

“What about Matt? He’s gonna be good, I can tell!” Matt was sat on my other side, lent forward so he could see Cody.

“Only ‘cause you’ve got his name!” Cody stuck her tongue out at Matt, giggling.

“Please. He’s got MY name.” Emphasis on the my. I left them two to their banter, as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Group text. Select contacts. Harry; Niall.

“Hello you! Good luck for tonight, go One Direction! :) x”

I laughed as I typed it, One Direction. Harry had thought of the name, and as cheesy as it sounded, it worked for them. So many sexual puns came to mind everytime I thought of it.

“I bet the boys are gonna be great!”

“Keep it in your pants, Matt.” I gave him a cheeky grin, and he poked me in the ribs.

“You can talk!” I was about to reply in my defence, when my phone buzzed, twice.

“Cheers sugartits, get ready to scream! :D x”

“Thanks, I needed that. Fucking bricking it. :| xx”

The first one was from Harry, his typical cheeky self. I didn’t bother with a reply back, too desperate to talk to Niall.

“You’ll be amazing. Just dont be your clumsy self ;) x”

***

Buzz. Yet again, buzz. A consistent buzzing from my jacket pocket. The show was over, everyone had retreated up to the Xtra Factor studio for the last ten minutes of the show spin off show. We’d decided to hang back, on case there was a chance of seeing the contestants.

“Well hello stranger!”

“Alri Ellis?” His beautiful Irish accent whispered softly from the phone. “You still here?”

“How did you know I was here?”

“I could spot you out of a crowd anywhere! Nah, Harry told me you were coming.” I laughed to myself slightly, moving a couple of paces away from Matt and Cody.

“Ah right, that boy doesn’t understand the word secret.”

“Nope, he doesn’t!” It was his turn to laugh, the sound of it making me melt. “You coming backstage?” I stood up, and motioned towards to the exit to the other two, who happily followed, excitement filled in their faces.

“Yeah yeah, on our way.” I hung up as we paced the halls, following the other few people who also had backstage passes draped around their necks. We were about to follow them through the double doors, when a small fire exit door opened up sharply, and a tiny blond figure poked his head around it, smiling as he saw me.

“You coming or what? Those passes have an expiry date.”