Chapter Eleven

Annabelle's POV

What the hell happened? Was my first thought when I came to after passing out.

Why had I passed out again?

I frowned and squinted my eyes as a dull headache started to form behind my eyes brows. I looked to my right, hoping to find out what time it was, but when my eyes caught the sight of the closed curtains I realised that it was no longer light out. A bedside lamp had been left on beside me but that was all that lit the room as I looked around for any information that would explain what happened to me.

I panicked for a second, not knowing where I was, but as I started to take in more of my surroundings, I started to recognise the room as Jax's. Had something happened to him earlier? I had the weirdest feeling that something had happened with him last night.

I frowned again and rubbed my forehead as the concentration was causing my headache throb uncomfortably. I went to get up and try to find Jax, but when I heard muffled voices from behind the door I froze. Who was that?

"But why would her wolf do that to her?" I recognised that as Jax's voice, but why was he yelling? And who was he yelling at?

"I don't know Alpha; my guess is that seeing you in your other form triggered her wolf somehow. I will have to do some research on this type of Alpha control, but my guess is that because she left the packs territory the command is somehow having less effect on her. Adding to that seeing you in your wolf form for the first time, her wolf must've been trying to escape and shift, but the human side of her is still subconsciously following the command."

"Well how the hell do we break the command?" Jax growled, the sound feeling like it could shake the walls around me. He was so angry, just like Tony or Natalie when they didn't get their way.

I whimpered slightly as memories started to flood back into my brain. Memories of them yelling at me for there being no beer in the house, for not organising the jewellery box the way it should. I whimpered again as I held my head in my hands, praying for the flashbacks to stop.

All of a sudden it became very quiet outside the bedroom door, as if they could hear the internal turmoil I was currently suffering through.

"Thank you doctor, you are dismissed" Jax suddenly said, in a slightly calmer voice that before.

"Alpha" was all she replied with before I heard her footsteps retreat back down the stairs and out the front door.

The next thing I knew the bedroom door was slowly being pushed opened as Jax poked his head through. I smiled for a second, trying to show him that I was okay, but when I made contact with those big brown eyes of his everything came back to me. The story he had told me about the Moon goddess, him standing by the tv as he started taking his clothes off and finally, him shifting into a giant black wolf.

I whimpered again as the memory consumed my brain, making me watch him shift over and over again like a rerun. I froze in my whimpering as I watched the shimmering gold of his wolf slightly swirl into his eyes, mixing with his normal chocolate brown colour.

I hadn't realised I had moved up the bed and away from him until I saw the hurt and sadness flash through his eyes. I felt bad for making him feel like that, but at the same time I couldn't help it.

He quickly brushed his feelings aside though and in a blink of an eye he was back to the happy and caring Jax I had grown accustomed to. Even when he was hurt he was trying to make me feel more at ease.

"It's okay Annabelle" Jax muttered as he took a step towards me with his arms raised, as if he was approaching a wild animal. I smiled slightly at the irony of the situation we were in, if anyone was the wild animal around here, it was him.