Chapter Thirty Three

Jax's PoV

Since Annabelle visited me in my dreams things here have been moving at lightning speed.

Once we knew where they were being kept it was just a matter of how we were going to pull this off.

Alpha Parker's territory was well guarded, with patrols going around the perimeter constantly every half hour, checking for intruders. Even though I was desperate to get my mate back, I didn't want to endanger my pack members lives in the process of doing so, and with that in mind my dad and I went to find reinforcements.

Ringing the neighbouring packs obviously hadn't worked, none of them were interested in getting involved with the Rising Dawn pack over a few missing pack members. My hope now though was that because the Luna and the Beta of my pack had also been taken it would spur them on and help me. After all a pack without its rightful Luna and Beta was sure to crumble in just weeks, attracting Rogue's and other unwanted wolves to the area.

We first visited a pack a few hours south from us. We had helped him out a few years ago with a rogue problem and my hope was that they would now help us and return the favour.

Alpha Troy was a loyal Alpha and believed someone's word was binding, if he said he owed us a favour, I knew he would help.

Once we got the agreement that he would help us out we went further afield, if we were going to win with as few casualties as possible we would need numbers and numbers meant packs.

Within 36 hours we had managed to gather four separate packs together, not including our own, and were ready to attack. Alpha Troy and Alpha Dixon would go through the south of Alpha Parker's territory with their respective packs, causing as much chaos as possible to draw their pack warriors to them whilst Alpha Michael and Alpha Caleb would go through the north end secretly, surrounding the warriors of Alpha Parker's pack and trapping them so they are unable to reach the bunker.

My pack would filter in through the east, a few at a time so as not to rouse suspicion. Then when the time came, me and a few other trusted pack warriors would head towards the bunker and rescue Annabelle, Will, Xavier and the others three trackers.

I just hoped that it worked. I haven't had a proper night's sleep since Annabelle was taken almost three days ago and I was so ready to just curl up with her in my arms and sleep for a week.

The one thing I worry most about all this though is her reverting back to her old self, back to the person that was scared to talk, scared to be touched, scared to even breath. The thought of that makes my heart break, she had been through so much throughout her life and the bad stuff just keeps on coming.

"Alpha Jax, were all ready to go"' Alpha Troy informed me as he walked into my office. Alpha Troy was a big guy, standing at 6'6 with the muscle mass to match it. Anyone in their right mind would be wary of him, but put him in the near vicinity of his mate and he turns into a soppy puppy, not that I would say that to his face of course.

I nod in his direction before closing my laptop and following him out the door. My wolf was on edge, eager to get on with the rescue and get his mate and pack back. I had to hold him back though, someone with the powers of an Alpha cannot loose themselves to their emotions, especially at times like this. The consequences could be catastrophic.

I walk out the front door and was met with hundreds of warriors, all saying goodbye to their families as they prepared themselves for a battle. I was instantly overcome with pride, pride for my people and what they are willing to sacrifice for the pack and for each other.

"Everyone!" I yell, gaining the attention of every person in the area. "Today we fight, side by side, not only for the safety of my pack but for the safety of wolves everywhere. Today we will be sending a clear message to anyone who is thinking of crossing us that we will not lay down and roll over, we will rally together, and we will fight, for our packs and for our friends."

I look around the crowd as I take in the faces of each and every person in front of me. I then look to my left to see the other Alphas standing next to me, their chests puffed out in pride as they too take in the sheer strength and determination of their own packs.

"Today we will show Alpha Parker, and we will show everyone, that we are not to be messed with" I yelled, my voice gaining in volume with every word. "Now let's show them what we are capable of, let's bring back our trackers, our Beta and our Luna!" I yell and am met with hundreds of voices cheering as we started making our way off towards Alpha Parker. He is not going to know what hit him.

So my my recommendation for this chapter is...
The Inevitability of us by @simplyxgal She asked me to give it a read and I am so glad I did! Please go check it out 😁

The Inevitability of us by  @simplyxgal She asked me to give it a read and I am so glad I did! Please go check it out 😁

Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote 😘