Chapter Fifteen

Jax's POV

To say I was bored was an understatement. This was supposed to be mine and my mates first outing together but Hannah had to come in at the exact moment she did and find out what we were doing. If shopping was an Olympic sport I'm sure she would bring home the gold. The only thing getting me through the day was watching my mates face light up when she spotted something she liked. I could tell she was uncomfortable spending any form of money though, she would see something she liked, look at the price tag and then put it back. What she didn't know was that I was walking behind her secretly re-picking it up and giving it to a nearby shop worker to pack into bags. My mate deserves the best and whatever she wanted she got.

"What about this?" Hannah asked as she held up a crop top for Annabelle to see. It showed to much skin for my liking and I was just about to make my opinion known when I looked over and saw Annabelle's eyes widen, she liked it. Damn, okay well it could just be put in the pile of other inappropriate clothing that would be solely for my viewing. There is no way I was letting unmated males from my pack get a good view of her body. She was for my eyes only, just like I was for her.

I grinned at the thought of seeing my mate in just the light blue crop top and a pair of short shorts, now that would be a sight to see, and by the growl my wolf just released in my head I could tell that he agreed.

I looked over at my mate again and walked over to her, hugging her from behind. "Are you enjoying yourself baby?" I whispered in her ear and I couldn't help but grin as I felt her shudder slightly, she may not feel the full effect of the mate bond, but she was still attracted to me. The doctor's words suddenly came rushing back to me, about her not being mentally ready for any kind of mating or marking yet, but her response made me doubt that ever so slightly.

The response I got was a quiet "hmmm" as she leaned back into me.

She may have been enjoying the cuddle I was giving her, but I could tell that something was up. Something was holding her back from fully enjoying her first shopping experience and I wanted to know what it was so that I could fix it for her, "what's the matter?"

She just shrugged and pulled away from me, walking in the opposite direction of the store and towards the exit. I signalled the sales assistant that we were done and to start ringing everything up as I followed my mate outside the store. I found her leaning against the railing outside the store with the cutest little V sitting in between her eyebrows. "What's the matter little mate, I thought you were enjoying yourself?" I asked as I brought her into a hug. She still wasn't completely used to all the gentle physical contact and tensed slightly as I brought her to my chest but relaxed after a second or two.

"I am" she nodded and I looked down to see her staring at nothing.

"Then what's the matter?" I didn't like to see my mate upset; I would move mountains if it meant I got to see her beautiful smile every day.

"It's too much" was all she replied with as she shrugged, as if I would understand what that meant.

I frowned "what's to much?"

"Money" she sighed.

I chuckled and brought her tighter to my chest. I was so used to girls throwing themselves at me for my title and money, it seems funny to me that my mate, the one that gets it, is the one that doesn't really want it. "Trust me baby, you are worth every penny that I have and will spend on you today. Money is the least of your worries".

I thought that would have made her feel better but if anything, it just made her frown deepen.

"I can't pay you back" she muttered.

I sighed as I tightened my arms around her "I don't want you to pay me back Annabelle, it is my job not only as your mate but also as the Alpha to look after you and that is what I intend to do" I smiled, kissing her forehead. She remained silent and I sighed, why did she not understand that I didn't want her to pay me back? Even the thought of her trying to push money at me made me mad. I was her mate; it was my job to look after her and give her everything her heart desired. "I tell you what, why don't you pay me back by cooking dinner tonight? I can't really cook so I usually get takeout or eat leftover food my mum drops off for me, but I would love it ten times more if it was cooked by you".

She contemplated it for a second before nodding her head, satisfied with the deal and I sighed in relief.

"If you guys are finished being all lovey dovey over there I'd like to move onto the next store please" Hannah said as she made her way out the store and into another. This was going to be a looong day.