14. Zack- Getting Over You

(Requested)

Short, and sad.

I'm sorry :(

not all stories can have a good ending.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Thanks (Y/N)," Zack said, handing me a box of chocolates. I gasped and rushed to hug him.

"Zack, thank you, I kind of like you t-"

"For the support. Now I got the girl I love," he said, walking away with Mira.

My heart shattered into a million, tiny, little pieces.

I clutched my chest, looking over at the new couple. Zack and Mira looked so happy together. The same couldn't be said for me. I clenched my fist around my so called "wish band," and cut it off.

Never again.

Never again will I trust this bullshit.

(Timeskip)

I walked along the small side section of the street, kicking stones with my white shoes, watching them bounce into each other. I bumped into someone in the street.

"Sorry," I muttered, looking at them. My heart stopped.

"Wait, Johan?!" I sputtered, "What the HELL dude!"

"(Y/N)?" he said in disbelief, "What the hell?!" I ran up to him and bear-hugged him.

"God, where the hell have you been! Man, fuck you," I cried, latching onto his shirt. He gave a small chuckle and embraced me back, squeezing me tightly.

"Oh, rad hoodie you got there," I murmured, admiring the pattern on his shirt.

"A dog and a cross. God Dog," I mused. He laughed amusedly.

"Actually, I wanted to talk with you. I came to here for a proposal."

"Bro... You're my fucking cousin, that's incest..."

"NO, NO, NO, NOT THAT!" he said quickly, shaking his head. "It's for business." I relaxed and crossed my arms.

"Yeah? What do you want?"

"I heard about your recent 'breakup' with Zack." My eyes darkened.

"What about it, dipshit?" I spat, glaring at Johan. He flinched a bit.

"You're so scary when you're angry..." he muttered.

"I should be," I responded proudly. He smiled.

"Same old (Y/N). Anyways, about the symbol."

"Mhmm?"

"How would you like to be part of our group?"

(Timeskip)

I awkwardly looked at the hoodie.

"This is too big for me," I deadpanned, slipping it on, "Though it is quite comfortable." Johan laughed and leaned against the wall, arms crossed.

"C'mon, let's test you." I rolled my eyes and followed him.

"Yeah, yeah, keep your fucking fringe on." We entered a room with almost fifty people. All males.

"Hey," I said. Silence.

"Geez, not a lively crowd, eh?" I whispered to Johan. He chuckled a bit and clapped his hands, gaining the attention of everyone.

"I'd like to introduce our newest member, (Y/N). Give her a warm welcome."

"You want us to fight a girl?"

"Oh, c'mon, too scared? I could beat you in my sleep," I snarled. Their eyes narrowed.

"You little-" I giggled as they all started to charge at once.

"Johan, really. They're not the best group Korea has to offer, eh?" I sighed, kicking people left and right, hands in my pockets. Johan shrugged.

"They're what Gun offered me." I groaned.

"I'm getting so bored..." I complained, knocking out the last of them. "Do you want to spar?" Johan took off his hoodie, as I did too.

"Don't want to get it dirty," I said, smiling and winking.

"Yeah." We both clashed together, fists upon legs, upon fists.

"You've improved, Hanny-boy," I teased.

"You too. And stop calling me that. It's embarrassing," Johan panted, wiping his forehead. I shrugged and picked up my jacket.

"Want to call a tie and get some boba?"

"Why not?"

"Just leave your group here?"

"Eh. Someone'll take care of 'em."

(Timeskip)

I yawned and stretched.

"Is this the day?" I asked, nudging my cousin. He looked up from his phone.

"I suppose it is."

"Is it just the two of us?"

"No. The gang is disguised as normal students. We'll take out the Burn Knuckles one at a time." I smiled and slung my arm over his shoulder.

"Sure... babe." I cringed saying it.

"Oh god, my mouth tastes like dish soap even after saying it..." I groaned, "Why do we have to pretend we're a couple again?!"

"It's less suspicious."

"But won't this Jace and Vasco guy notice us?"

"Not you. They won't hurt me, if they think I'm close to you." I nodded slowly.

"Alright. Time to bust up this party." I linked arms with Johan while walking to the school. He scowled at most of the people.

"I hate it here. Most of them are people who used to bully me..." he whispered, looking forwards.

"I'm sorry..." I sighed, patting his arm. "We'll get away from this as soon as possible." I felt a certain pair of eyes bearing into my back.

"Zack's here. Zack and Mira are fucking here."

"Ignore them. We have a bigger mission to do."

"Hey, (Y/N)?!" I cringed. I smiled falsely and turned to face Mira.

"Mira... Hey..." I said, squeezing Johan's arm tighter. "Haven't seen you around in a long time..." She smiled, but that turned into a frown once she saw Johan.

"Johan...?"

"Mira," he greeted. His face was solemn.

"Where have you guys been in these times?" she asked innocently. I kept on smiling.

"Places. We were busy."

"Oh, are you two a couple no-"

"Mira! Don't go wandering off like that- (Y/N)?"

"Hi Zack."

"And... Johan." The two males glared at each other in a silent war with their eyes. I pulled Johan's arm in the opposite direction, silently chiding him with my eyes.

"Sorry. (Y/N) and I have to go."

"Can we catch up sooner or late-"

"No," we both responded at the same time, "Never again."

Johan and I walked away, both broken.