33. Vasco- Glowup

holy S H I T

the new character designs are out and i-

i

AM

LIVINGGGGGGG

AHHHHHHHH EVERYONE LOOKS SO GOOD WTF

literally mary and jace and vasco can beat the shit out of me and i'd still say thank u

__

Propping my head against the window, I sighed as the soft bounces of the bus lulled my morning mess of a mind into a slumber. Fluttering my eyes shut, my muscles relaxed as my thoughts drifted once more to my friends. They'd been gone for almost a week now, and I had no idea why.

Major changes were going on in the school, and more and more people were altering. Including me. I'd gotten a haircut, and light bags under my eyes were now visible from all the stress I'd been receiving from my grades and my social life. The situation of my friends being in possible danger really took a toll on me.

It was a matter that had been troubling me for quite a while, and I felt like I'd seemingly lost all connections with them as people. I knew they wouldn't suddenly quit school, not like that, while there were midterms coming up. Even the almost nonexistent teachers were beginning to show more signs of distress, verbally bringing up the topic in the middle of lessons.

And there was chaos within the students. A lot of the girls were worried about Daniel Park, and the guys about the missing females. However, the most prominent figure that almost everybody missed was Vasco.

He had a significance around school. People were more afraid of others when he wasn't around. His presence was like the blessing of a Robin Hood in J High. Without it, more of the lesser "gangs" around school acted up -- disrupting lessons, bullying the occasional new kid, stuff like that. But he was my boyfriend, and I'm supposed to care about him.

Honestly, I didn't know what I'd do without him in my life.

But my thoughts suddenly came to a halt as someone bumped into me, their backpack pushed into my face. I groaned and shoved it, getting up and gathering my things, knowing that we'd arrived at my stop. With tired eyes, I trudged to the exit and started to walk towards the school, gloomy and somber as ever. I noticed the bus arrived reasonably early, so I stopped by the cafeteria for a morning snack.

I purchased a chocolate milk, and my normal breakfast item, and paid. It was fairly peaceful in the early mornings, so I could walk the halls in peace, without anybody disrupting the nirvana. Clutching the chocolate milk carton in my hand, I felt a weight on my chest as I remembered Vasco again. I took in a shaky breath and let it out, my bottom lip quivering as my eyes clouded up with mist.

I stood there for a minute, holding in my tears and shaking my head, trying to regain my composure. Mumbled and muffled words of comfort spouted out of my mouth, a desperate attempt to try and conceal my emotions as I heard the approaching footsteps of two people. Thinking that I'd done enough to cover, I continued to walk as if nothing had happened, but at a faster pace, and with my head down.

"Woah, are you alright?" A strong hand grasped my arm and stopped me from moving forwards. My breath hitched as I tugged at my sleeve, silently demanding to be let go. They didn't relent, and instead, their grip got tighter.

"Hey, are you okay?" I scoffed and pulled my arm free of their hold, not recognizing the uniform they were wearing. The chocolate milk carton in my hand fell to the ground with a thunk, and the figure bent down to pick it up for me. His friend crossed his arms and I felt his eyes bearing into my skull.