26. Kouji- Hacked

(Requested)

Kouji x Hacker! Reader

__

"Time to browse," Kouji sighed, adjusting his computer screen and positioning his legs again, leaning them against the wooden coffee table in front of him. The young prodigy groaned, feeling his eyes get dry again because of staring at the computer for far too long. I grabbed some eyedrops, but nearly fell off his chair after he heard a buzzing coming from the electronic device from in front of his feet.

"How'd the firewall get breached? Stupid government hacking systems- no, no, no- Dammit!" Kouji shouted, pushing back as the screen fired up then blanked out, shutting down with a slow "boop."

"Ugh, I'll have to fix this, what, it's never happened before!-"

__

"I'm done. Am I hired?" I asked the father standing behind me. The H Corp president nodded approvingly, tapping his cane twice on the floor.

"That was nice, how did you get over Kouji's firewall?" I snapped my fingers and unlocked the code, pressing a few keys and pointing at the screen, hacking into the camera feature, looking at the distressed male grumble and crush peanut shells.

"It's quite easy when you've practiced it. But it's harder when someone installs harder passcodes and more complex program, but everything comes to one single root, and if you branch off from there, and calculate the possibilities, you're left with a few options, and just gotta try them all." I kept typing, then hit enter, restoring the power and replacing the firewall.

"Didn't want to see him whining for too long." I turned off the camera and turned around to face the President.

"So am I hired?" He nodded and sat down, looking at me.

"Yes. Yes you are."

__

"Kouji, this is (Y/N). (Y/N), this is Kouji you will now be working with each other in computer dynamics and managing the tech in my company. Get to work, you two." I shook hands briefly and immediately hopped on the seat, re-configuring a few things here and there.

"What do you think you're doing? I set things up so perfectly!" I clicked my tongue, installing a better software firewall.

"If things work, doesn't mean you can't make them better." I hit enter, completely reloading the page and smiling in satisfaction when I saw the familiar white and blue glow of my developed program.

"I just made this a few weeks ago, I was looking for a computer model like this to test it on," I said excitedly, tapping his shoulder. "C'mon, say something to it. It's completely animated." Kouji looked at me concerned, and then wearily spoke, "Tacos."

"Nice decision. Tacos it is. Ordering now..." He raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously? Just that? The Prez. made a mistake hiring you, all you know how to do is just delete and upload programs." My smile faded as I swiped a hand in the air, the order cancelling immediately. I wheeled around, glaring at the cocky male.

"You think it was the government hacking your computer? I did. From a separate room." Kouji scoffed and crossed his arms.

"As if. I'm the only ace around here." I snapped my fingers, cutting his speech off, walking up to his computer, and opening up all the code and log data that was on it, searching for bugs.

"Without you knowing, websites you went on installed bugs in the system. That's why your computer is so slow. Let me help."

"You better not delete any vital information." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Like what? The cat videos that you watched an hour ago? Oh please, I'm not that shallow." I started to type in code at the top, the tip of my tongue sticking out, my mind racking through every single bit of knowledge I had, trying to find a debug error fixer.

"And, done!" I exclaimed, leaning back and smiling in satisfaction, the glow returning to my aura. "Now do you believe me? I also uninstalled my program and put back your shitty old one, since you liked that one so much. I honestly don't understand why." Kouji went to inspect, and found in basic code, a small adjustment in the works.

"I've never seen this type of code before, what is it?" I huffed proudly and grinned even larger.

"I made it." I held out my hand, looking at him mischievously. "Code Mechanic (Y/N) at your service."

__

"Damn, why did you have to raid that dungeon?" I shouted, shaking Kouji's shoulders, one hand still playing on the keys. "Oh my god, this is awful, you idiot! The loot was right in front of us if we just went forwards!"

"There's a secret entrance in this one!" Kouji yelled back, steering my mouse to point towards where he was." I growled and angrily slammed keys.

"You better not get me killed and make me lose all my points I've been saving up, Kouji." He sighed and continued to play, often murmuring directions and where to go.

"I've played this game with a lot of people, and they haven't been nearly as good as you," Kouji mentioned, fiddling with the controller. "Usually they end up getting themselves killed by such god-obvious traps in this stupid game."

"They don't look for signs, that's why." We finally reached the checkpoint, a golden ribbon appearing and the characters jumping up and down. I held out a fist and smiled at the grapehead male.

"Pound it?" He smiled and knocked his curled fist against mine, doing an exploding sound effect with his mouth.

"You know it."