Chapter 18: Ignorant

Chapter Eighteen 
IGNORANT

"You know, I've always liked you, Amy."

A fifteen year old Amy Carter blushed. "Really?"

"Absolutely," TJ smiled. He wrapped his arm around Amy's neck and brought her face close enough to his to kiss her.

The kiss was kept short and sweet - they were, after all, in public. At the town's local cinema, in fact. Amy smiled and her cheeks reddened immensely.

TJ bought two tickets to a cheesy rom-com film, as well as a large popcorn, two drinks, lollies, and other novelty sweets. The two then shuffled through the crowd, their arms full, towards their movie's designated cinema. It was a Friday night, and there were many, many people crowding the cinema foyer. It was also only Amy and TJ's first date... without Donna, Spencer and Yani, that is. They'd been dating almost three weeks now.

They were almost fifteen minutes early for the movie, but this allowed them to get good seats in the back row. TJ sat to the left of Amy, somewhere in the middle of the row on the comfortable purple seats. Their food and snacks were unloaded onto their laps, a handful of popcorn falling onto the floor after a moment of confusion as to who was meant to be holding the box.

Amy broke out into hysterics once TJ had caught the box. "I'm s-sorry!" she giggled.

TJ narrowed his eyes in a playful manner, grabbed a few pieces of popcorn and began throwing them at Amy lightly. Amy gasped in shock, but smiled back and began to throw popcorn back at TJ.

"Shh!" hissed someone in a row ahead of them.

"Sorry!" Amy said back, calming down her laughs and picking out many pieces of popcorn from her bra. Stupid cleavage, she thought.

"Hey, let me help," joked TJ, attempting to place his own hand where Amy's was.

"No way!" she retorted, pushing his hand away.

He seemed to leave it at that for the night, but that didn't stop his mind from wandering. It'd been over a month since he'd slept with anyone - Ivy Dennis, he thought her name to be, but couldn't remember one hundred percent. Or maybe it'd been Olivia Philips. Gale Adamson? TJ honestly couldn't remember. But he did know that his hormones were racing from a lack of relief.

At that moment, the movie started. The cinema wasn't too busy, and TJ and Amy seemed to be the only ones sitting in the back row. TJ moved his drink from the arm rest - that separated him from Amy - to the one on his other side. He then lifted the now empty armrest. Amy grinned the whole time, watching from the corner of her eye.

Tyson Jenkins reached his arms around Amy's body and brought it closer to his own. They stayed like that until halfway through the movie where the man was declaring his love to the woman who'd he'd never had the guts to talk to before she dated his worse enemy.

TJ continued to stoke Amy's curly brown hair before moving his lips to her ear. He kissed her neck beneath it lightly before whispering so softly that it ticked Amy, "I love you." He desperately wanted to release his sexual urge tonight, and this seemed to be the only way to get Amy to agree.

Amy's hand froze halfway from eating another mouthful of popcorn. She turned her head away from the screen. "What?" She couldn't believe that TJ had just said that.

"I love you, Amy." TJ repeated.

Amy woke up, screaming. "ARGH!" she screeched at the top of her lungs. Her eyes quickly took in information that she was in Matthew's lounge room. The television was still on, maybe from the night before, and she could feel body warmth behind her.