Chapter 41: Convinced

Chapter Forty-One

CONVINCED

"So you seriously met Jake Hamilton?"

Amy rolled her eyes and smiled at Yani. "Of course I did; he's Matt's brother. I've met the whole family."

"No way!"

"Oh, for goodness sake, Yani," Donna interjected impatiently, "Yes, she met the Hamiltons!"

Amy pursed her lips, trying not to laugh; Spencer had warned her about Donna's crabby mood changes due to her pregnancy.

Amy, Donna and Yani were sitting around the kitchen table of Donna's home, talking over many cups of tea and delicious biscuits. It was the first time Amy had been reunited with the pair since her travels in America, and she loved the warmth in which they embraced her. The air outside was of shivering degrees, and the clouds made midday look like dusk.

"Donna, shut up," Yani warned in a playful way.

"Here, I'll prove it," Amy said defiantly, reaching into her handbag for the photograph Jake had signed...

"What is it?" Yani asked curiously as Amy handed her the stiffened rectangle. "Oh my God!" she squealed, bursting into immediate tears.

"Honestly," Donna scolded, snatching the image out of Yani's unsuspecting hands. She objected, but Donna ignored her as she read the scrawl for herself. She then scoffed and handed it back to a protesting Yani.

"She is definitely the youngest of us," Donna said to Amy, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, let her be," Amy said, smiling. "You need to get used to it - you're the one with a baby on the way."

Absentmindedly, Donna began rubbing her belly, still watching Yani. "I wish I knew the gender. Spencer won't let me, though. He wants it to be a surprise, but I think that he's scared it'll be a girl. He really wants a boy. I don't mind either way, but I wish I knew so that I know what colour to paint the bedroom!"

"As if you don't mind!" Amy said with a giggle. "Who was the one in high school dreaming of having a daughter?"

Donna sighed. "Okay, maybe you're right."

Amy rolled her eyes. "Have you thought of names?"

Donna nodded. "I've always liked Savannah for a girl. Or maybe India or Shannon. Something like that. Spencer likes Savannah."

"And for a boy?" Amy urged.

Donna huffed a heavy breath. "Spencer thinks James, but to me, that's so boring and lame. I much prefer Ziggy or Micah or Casper... something that's a bit unusual. James is just plain."

"Yes, but James is a sensible name; a sophisticated name."

Donna raised her eyebrows. "Do I look like someone who'd have sophisticatedly-named children? No."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I do like Ziggy."

"Yeah, Spence seems to be okay with that one, but he's so set on James. We've decided middle names, though, for either gender. Marie for a girl - my middle name, of course - and Partick for a boy - just like my surname. Spencer's fine with them." Donna took a sip of her tea. "I love how Allie's going to name her twins. After your dad - it's so beautiful. You'll have a living memorial of him forever."

Amy held back a few tears. "Yeah," was all she managed to whisper.

Another hour passed between the triplet of friends, Yani coming back to reality after reading the short message on the photograph numerous times. She then questioned Amy about everything related to Jake Hamilton, but Amy had to disappoint, seeing as she barely knew him herself. She did, however, let on to Yani that Jake was currently single, showing a fancy for Australian women.