Chapter 11: The beat to his heart...unauthorized bliss!

Philip Harrington vs. Troy 'Travis' Stanton

Pix: The sexy alpha of Stanwood Pack & his adorable mate

Video: Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen... sang by PENTATONIX

Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely mums on here. Hats off to you guys!

Enjoy!

***

"If you're too tired, we can decide not to go."

"I'm going." Troy growled low in his throat, his head on Philip's shoulder. "It's like asking me to miss my best friend's wedding."

"Got it." Philip chuckled as he pressed a kiss against Troy's hair. "Eat your food."

"You know it's too much." Troy groaned as he picked up a slice of cake.

Philip had surprised his mate with breakfast in bed that morning. After what Troy had gone through the day before, the alpha thought some pampering was in order. But the gesture had overwhelmed Troy so much that he'd virtually not touched any of the assorted goodies on the rather wide bed tray.

"I've got to meet the council this morning." Philip muttered as he brought a glass of apple juice to Troy's lips.

"For what?" Troy gave his mate a curious look when the glass came away from his lips.

"Well, my mate doesn't want to go through the mating ceremony so..."

"I didn't say I don't want to go through the ceremony." Troy groaned. "I just don't want to have sex in front of all those people that's all."

"Uh-huh. So I need to discuss it."

"Can't it wait?" Troy grumbled. "Isn't it rather too early after all that chaos to be bringing up sex displays?" He rolled his eyes. "I mean the ceremony has been postponed indefinitely after all."

"It was postponed because of the looming threat, Troy." Philip said. "That threat is no more. So we can be asked to do it any time soon."

"I don't want any trouble for you." Troy sighed.

"What happened to that person who once told me that as alpha, I could change the rules?" Philip drawled. "At least I'm not changing it. I'm only appealing to the council to be sensitive to my mate's delicate constitution."

"Have you set up the meeting already?"

"No. They have a meeting this morning so my plan is to simply show up and...plead my case." Philip shrugged.

"Will I sound annoying if I told you I don't want you to leave me right now?" Troy heard the whine in his voice but didn't care. He wanted to be with his mate.

"No." Philip lowered his head and gave Troy a lingering kiss. "Are you done?"

"Yes, I'm okay." Troy sighed. "Sorry I couldn't eat much. I'm still a bit..."

"I know." Philip kissed him again. "At least you've gotten something in there." He rubbed Troy's stomach, making him laugh.

"It was lovely, thanks."

"Pleasure." Philip chuckled as he pressed a button on the side of his bed. "I'll be happy to stay..." There was a quick knock on their bedroom door, followed by a nice lady and to the surprise of both Philip and Troy, Ryan, and Jeremy."

"You done, Alpha?" The lady asked an amused looking Philip whose gaze was locked on Ryan who couldn't seem to tear his eyes off the goodies on the bed tray.