Chapter 14: The beat to his heart...soulmates!

Philip Harrington vs. Troy 'Travis' Stanton

Video: Love on the Brain by Rihanna

Apologies for the delay, guys. I was tempted to actually give a summary of the story so far just to refresh your memory(since there's a pretty high probability that thanks to that absurd delay, y'all have forgotten what the story is about. LOL). But I'm pretty sure that would probably have taken an extra week. Fortunately, you don't have to suffer any more delays since this is the final chapter. Once again, apologies!

Enjoy!

***

Pawz, one of the newest additions to the country's club scene was buzzing. The club, which was hard to get into, could hold up to five hundred people but still managed to feel intimate. It boasted of a restaurant, a café, and three dance floors which had enough space where everyone could dance away all their troubles. Pawz had a stellar reputation for top-notch local and international DJs who dished out scintillating sounds. Packed full with people, amazing music, and pure fun, Pawz was not only the hottest party spot every night of the week, it was also the perfect environment for a dose of dancing way into the night.

In the club's sophisticated wonderland of VIP space, about eleven sexy hunks and a foxy lady whose outfit was hands-down the hottest and slinkiest in the club, sat drinking and enjoying the good music that the DJ was dishing out. If they noticed the lustful glances being thrown their way by both females and males, they gave no indication. It was obvious that they were used to getting such attention all the time. They stopped their chatter when images of animal paws began to flash on the walls of the club, accompanied by the DJ's screams of the name of the club. When the crowd began to chant the name Pawz to a funky up-tempo hip hop instrumental beat that the DJ had begun to play, the occupants in the VIP section got to their feet and screamed along excitedly.

"I see you people are enjoying DJ Wala." Stan, the owner of Pawz chuckled as he joined the group.

"He's the best." Agyemang grinned as he took his seat. "I suggest you bring him to Quain Islands, guys. That would be wicked."

"So it's settled then?" Stan looked from one face to another, the excitement on his face clear for everyone to see. "Are we really going to Quain?"

"Hell yeah." Jake T laughed as they all took their seats. "It's going to be epic. You the man, Lip." He gave Philip a thumbs-up.

"It's not as if I was given a choice." Philip snorted as he grabbed his glass.

"Well, this is what happens when you take out the juiciest part of a ceremony." Jake T threw a smirk in Jeremy's direction, earning himself a finger from the alpha of alphas. "I mean how can we even call it a mating ceremony without the mating itself?" He drawled. "For that, we deserve a magical blast." He grinned, slapping his raised palm against Agyemang's. "Fuck, I can't wait." He grabbed a bottle of Hennessey and brought it to his lips.

"We're making history, guys." Paige gushed.

"It's Stanwood, baby." Stan raised his glass. "Let's show them how it's done."

"Yes!" Everyone, except a smirking Jake T, Agyemang, and three other alphas who weren't part of Stanwood Pack, clicked their glasses and bottles with loud cheers.

The upcoming mating ceremony of the Alpha of Stanwood Pack was the talk of the Were Kingdom. Every alpha planned on being present. Usually, an alpha invited just the alphas he was good friends with to his mating ceremony. But due to obvious reasons, all the alphas got to know during their conference that Philip was going to have his ceremony. After Jeremy had finally succeeded in convincing his fellow alphas that it would be prudent to scrap the exhibitionism from their ceremonies, he'd had to inform them that Philip's up-coming mating ceremony was going to be the very first of its kind.