At The Lagoon

"Did you see the look on his face?", Ashanti cried busting into laughter.

"Yeah!" Kiara remarked and then did an impression of him "Khalifa was all like 'Babe, you're dumping me?' ". This made Ashanti laugh even harder.

Kiara took a drink of water from the lagoon. It was late in the the evening and there was still no sign of Kovu. She would find him soon enough. Mean while she was having fun with her friend, Ashanti, who just broke up with her boyfriend.

"So what's the real reason you broke up with him?"

"You mean besides him being an utter jerk? I guess the spark just died. We probably didn't have our bonding ceremony soon enough, but we still felt that we were too young ."

"Oh", This made Kiara think about her and Kovu. She did love him and wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, or at least she thought. 'Maybe we're too young too.'

"Yeah, but its whatever. He was always flirting with other girls anyway. I think it was time for me to ditch that son of a --"

"Hey!", Kiara warned Ashanti to mind her language.

She laughed. "I was going to say bum."

A lioness came across the lagoon and decided to take a drink of water herself. She was pretty. She had dark mustard colored fur and pale blueberry eyes. Ashanti's appearance was similar except she had greyish brown fur and wore her signature hoop earrings in one ear.

"Hey, Vitani", Kiara grinned, acknowledging her presence.

She smiled, nervously. "Hey ,Kiara."

Vitani was Kovu's sister. Like him ,she was a former Outlander but eventually traded sides and became good.Kiara knew she was nervous, though. She was still new to the Pridelands and didn't have many friends.

Ashanti introduced herself, "I'm Ashanti, by the way. I don't think we've met before."

"No", Vitani said still trying to maintain her awkward smile. "Well, nice meeting you, Ashanti." She was about to walk off until Kiara said something

"No, please stay we're just chilling."

"Okay...", Vitani said unsure.

"So, seen any cute boys around Pride Rock? " Ashanti asked.

Kiara pushed her friend with her paw playfully "Are boys all you think about?"

Vitani giggled.

"Duh!" Ashanti said, turning her attention back to Vitani.

"Well, I have seen a few",Vitani admitted ,blushing.

Ashanti smiled, obviously pleased. "There we go!"

"Kiara!"

They all looked around to see who called her name.They saw it was none other than Kovu. Kiara was elated to see him. It seemed like forever since they'd seen each other but it was less than a day. He came up to her and they rubbed against each other , romantically.

"Well, hello to you ,too", Vitani said offended.

Ashanti agreed."I'm saying. Looks like its all about Kiara".

" Sorry.Ahem...Hello ,Vitani and Ashanti", Kovu said trying to be polite.

"Hi.", she grinned ungenuinely. " Well looks like we better make like some ants and scatter.Seems like these two need some alone time "

Kovu wasn't even try to guess what Ashanti was hinting by that but, just went with it. He and and Kiara needed to be alone to talk anyway.

" C'mon Vitani, let's go. You can give more details on your crushes".

She walked away with Ashanti. "Well I wouldn't really say they're crushes..."

"Wow, is she boy crazy or what?", Kovu laughed after they had left out of earshot.

"I'd say", Kiara concurred.

"Yeah...there's something I want to talk to you about."

"Sure, go ahead."

Kovu inhaled and exhaled. "Remember last night when you asked me what I thought about when I gazed up at the stars?"

Kiara nodded.

"Well the truth is I do think about something when I look up there. I think about...my parents."

"Your parents?...your real parents?"

"Yeah",Kovu confirmed. " I keep looking up there, searching for them. They're probably dead."

Kiara comforted Kovu by saying, "But, You don't know that for sure. They could still very well be alive. You might actually find them one day."

" That's true and that's also why I went to Rafiki earlier today to help me interpet my dream. He gave me some important clues to where they might be."

"What dream?",Kiara asked.

"I had a dream about meeting my parents."

"Really? thats great! With those hints Rafiki gave you, you might be able to really find them soon, Kovu"

"Yeah,maybe sooner than you think."

Kiara gave a confused expression.

Kovu explained."I'm going to be leaving soon to go on a search for my birth parents."

"I'm going with you", she declared.

Kovu looked astonished. "But it's going to be dangerous! There could be snakes, a mudslide, even a-"

Kiara kissed Kovu on the cheek.That made him shut up. "You sound like my father.If all those things happen and we die...at least we'll die together."

Kovu beamed up with joy. "I love you , Kiara"

Kiara nuzzled up against him, whispering "I love you ,too"

"Ick!" A voice remarked, ruining the moment. " Enough with all the romance, you guys are making me sick!"

Timon and Pumbaa arose from their hiding place behind a boulder.

Kiara rolled her eyes. "Ugh! My dad gives me no privacy at all", she muttered under her breath.

"But its so cute, Timon! ", Pumbaa stated in admiration.

"Blech."Timon flicked his hands at them in disgust. "If they love each other so much they should get married."

There was a moment of silence and then everyone exploded into laughter; That was everyone but Kovu. He gave Kiara a mischievous smile but she didn't catch on.

Kovu creeped toward Timon who was still tickled over his silly joke. "Oh, Timon", he said sing-songy.

"Hahaha! Married! Ah! I crack myself up", Timon carried on.

Kovu crept closer to Timon, hovering above him grinning wide with mischief.

"Ahh! How many times do I have to tell you people to stop creeping up on me. You gonna give me a heart attack!"

Kiara laughed . "Kovu what are you doing?"

Kovu bent down and whispered something in his ear. Timon stepped away, taken back. "Really?"

Kovu gave a small nod making Timon smack his forehead. " I really talk too much."