Fatal Encounters

By day break they were back on the road once more. After several hours of trekking through the Nyiri desert, they were relieved when they found a small savanna plain up ahead.

They ran to it ,as if it was going to disappear.The couple flopped down in the light green pasture,breathing heavily. Kovu looked at Kiara with those sparkling emerald eyes of his. "If this isn't home I don't know what is."

She started grinning with delight. "You mean we really made it?"

"Yeah! This has to be it ,Kiara. I mean look at this place, it's amazing!"

Kiara looked around her.Fruitful marula trees were scattered about as dozens of horn-bills flew over pass. There was an abundance of buffaloes and rhinos and not mention the beautiful view of the landscape as sunlight filtered through the leaves.

"It is amazing...",She said, still in awe.

"My parents are bound to be around here somewhere!", Kovu practically shouted. Kiara could tell he was full of giddiness.

"Definitely! But do you think its okay if we hunt first before we search them out?"

Kovu laughed then rolled his eyes. "Is food all you think about?"

"Hey, don't judge me", Kiara retorted. "I have a figure to maintain here."

He sized her flirtatiously. "Mhmmm, and it's a nice one too."

She usually gave Kovu a sour expression when he said things like that, but instead she decided to play along. "Keep talking like that and you may get cubs sooner than you expected."She smiled satisfied and walked in front of him ,letting her tail teasefully brush past his face.

He purred and followed her , not knowing they were being carefully observed from the trees.As they were checking out the prey, a voice interrupted them.

"Who are you strangers?"

'Mom?' ,Kovu thought.

They turned around to see it was a leapordess. She was the one watching them from high up in the marula. She had came to see who had invaded her space.

"Don't you know its rude to intrude on others territories?"

He pushed Kiara back and let out a low growl. His instincts was telling him that this fiesty cat could be a threat.

"Kishamajingi is actually my home. I'd appreciate it if you'd respected that by not calling us strangers. We have names, I'm Kovu and that's Kiara."

Kiara just stood back and let her badboy do his thing.Though Kiara didn't like confrontations with others, she did admire her boyfriend's authoritative firmness.

"Well my name is Dianah. I'm so pleased we could have this 'nice' introduction.", she spat with unnecessary sarcasm. "But Mr.Kovu if this is your residence as much as you say it is, you'd know that in fact you're in the Bongalu Mainland serengeti a.k.a my land, and not this place you called Kishamajingi."

Her remark hit him like a wrecking ball as Rafiki's words entered into his mind.

"You'll know you've found the place of your parents when you smell dat aroma"

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. He smelled the sweet intoxicating marula fruit. No zesty-honey scent to be found.

He lowered his eyes. "This isn't my home."

Dianah snorted ,making a snooty chuckling noise. "You got that  right.I think it's best if you and little miss thing here left. You don't want things to get...", and she paused looking nonchalantly at her claws. "ugly"