Chapter 5

I woke up early as usual to find an innocent looking Ronnie sleeping beside me. How could I ever have thought to let someone tear me from him? I slowly climb out of bed careful not to wake Ronnie he looked so cute. I pull out my phone and take a picture I had to post it on twitter. “My baby @RonnieRadke looking like an angel sleeping” I quickly tweet with a smile. I make my way to the kitchen and pour myself a bowl of cereal. I sit at the table and stare off into space. What the hell was I going to do about what Aaron had said? That’s how I was sitting when Cyndy walked in. “Something wrong?” she asks pouring herself a bowl of cereal. I mentally shake my head and look at her. “What? Oh no it’s nothing. Well actually could I tell you something?” I ask. “Sure you can you tell me anything.” Cyndy says. “Well last night while I was in the shower Aaron walked in on me.” I start. “He did what?!” she says shocked. “Wait it gets worse, he told me if I don’t leave Ronnie then he will hurt Ronnie.” I say sadly. “Why would he want you to do that?” she asks confused. “Why else? He wants me to be with him. I can’t do that to Ronnie I love him. I don’t want anything to do with Aaron but I don’t want Ronnie to get hurt.” I say on the verge of tears. “Oh Amber everything will be okay. Don’t leave Ronnie it will kill him if you do.” She says. “I won’t, it would kill me to leave him, I couldn’t live with myself if I ever caused him pain.” I say starting to cry. “Amber calm down we’ll figure this out I promise just don’t tell Ronnie and don’t let him see you like this.” She says hugging me. “God I hope so.” I say just as Ronnie walks in. “Morning babe.” He says smiling as he reaches down to hug me. “Morning.” I say trying my best to put a smile on my face. “What’s wrong.” He says looking concerned. “Nothing.” I say quickly. “Hmm. If you say so.” He says not looking convinced at all. I quickly try to change the subject. “So any plans today?” I ask quickly. “Well we have band practice later if you guys want to tag along.” He says sitting down. “Of course we do!” Cyndy says excitedly. Anything was better than just sitting here all day. “I’m up for it.” I say smiling. “I can’t wait to tell Brandy we’re going to be there today.” Cyndy says pulling out her phone as she starts texting Brandy.

C~ Ronnie’s letting us go to practice today!

B~ Yes! I’ll ask Jacky to take me too!!!

C~ Do it!!  We’re going to have fun I can see it already!

B~ Damn straight we will! I’ll see you later Jacky’s calling for me :)

C~ Baha have fun :p see you later!

“Brandy’s gonna see if she can come too so we won’t be bored.” Cyndy says laughing. “Thank god. I thought we were going to be sitting there looking stupid the whole time.” I say laughing too. “Jesus you too act like listening to us is the worst thing in the world.” Ronnie says looking amazed. “Aw baby it’s not that it’s just do you have any idea how boring it can be just sitting there watching everyone else have fun like you guys do.” I say smiling. “See that’s why you guys need to get into music so you can participate with us.” He says throwing a hint. “Bro you know I don’t play in front of other people.” Cyndy says laughing. “But I believe Amber can sing.” She adds looking at me. She did not just say that, I throw her a dirty look across the table and she just sticks her tongue out at me. “Um yea no I don’t sing in front of people, bad staring phobia.” I say. “We’re gonna fix that go get ready we’re gonna be late.” Ronnie says checking his watch.

We walk into the studio and everyone else is already there, even Brandy. “What took you so long man?” Ryan asks. “I had to wait on these two.” Ronnie says pointing at us, we just smile and sit down on the couch they had over to the side. “Not so fast Amber you’re gonna sing for us.” Ronnie says smiling. “I don’t think so.” I say quickly trying to make my way to the couch but Cyndy stops me. “Go for it!” she says smiling at me. “Oh my god you guys won’t stop unless I do will you?” I ask. “Nope.” They all reply in unison. Dammit I think to myself this just sucks some serious pickle juice. “No one look at me, you guys all turn around.” I say pointing to the back wall. “Do we really have to?” Brandy asks. “If you want to hear a peep out my mouth you will.” I say walking over to the mic. After I make sure no one is looking I start. “I was born one morning in December on the coldest day abandoned by my mother, whom my father I was raised, my father raised my brother and I with a stubborn heart my mother left me her good looks and confident charm. Well I spent most of my teenage years searching for her love, I could not find it anywhere so I turned to drugs, and after all the smoke had cleared and it was said and done I found myself addicted by the age of 21. I tell the truth I’ve been beaten I’ve been bruised I was left for dead as well I was wrongfully accused you left me locked inside a cell. I’ve been cheated I’ve been sued but I have lived to tell the more you kick me when I’m down the more it truly helps. I feel the madness creeping slowly loved by many I’m still lonely paid the price for your mistake the music died the day I walked away.” I sing before I realize everyone was staring and gaping at me. Tears rush to my eyes. “Please stop looking at me!” I cry. “But babe you’re amazing!” Ronnie says rushing over to hug me. “No I’m not.” I say burying my head into his shoulder. “Trust me you sing amazingly!” Cyndy says hugging me too. “Well I don’t ever wanna do that again.” I say sitting down. “I can’t promise you I won’t make you sing again not after that.” Ronnie says taking my place at the mic. For the next half hour all we heard was the guys practicing I was seriously beginning to get bored. “I need to go take a breather.” I say walking outside. I lean against the building and light a cigarette. God I needed this, I wasn’t sure how Ronnie would react to the fact that I smoked so I was going to hide this too. Suddenly I hear a voice. “Did you do what I asked yet?” Aaron says stepping from behind the nearest tree. “Shit you scared me!” I say jumping. “I do that a lot but stop diverting the question.” He says stepping closer to me. “No I didn’t.” I say quietly looking down. “You know those things will kill you.” Aaron says. “So I’ve been told.” I say trying to keep him from returning to the subject of Ronnie. “I told you to leave him or hurt him. Choose now.” He says. “I can’t leave him! I love him!” I practically scream. “Shhh don’t call unwanted attention out here or I’ll hurt you too.” He says putting his hand over my mouth. I push him away and wipe my mouth in disgust. “Don’t fucking touch me!” I say angrily. “Either you walk in there and break up with that asshole or I’ll do it for you and I won’t be nice about it either.” Aaron says putting his hand on the doorknob. “Stop!” I say pushing him away from the door. “You know I have a better idea.” He says smiling evilly. The next thing I know he has me thrown over his shoulder and he starts walking towards a black car parked down the road.