Chapter 8

I woke up to a light shaking. My ankle no longer hurt so I assumed either the doctor was here or I had just dreamed the whole thing. I slowly open my eyes to see Aaron. Nope didn't dream it. "My ankle feels better." I say kinda of groggily. "That's because the doctor gave you some morphine while you were asleep." He said sitting on the couch by my feet. "Is he still here?" I ask looking around. "He just left a few minutes ago, he put a cast on your foot, its pink your favorite color." He says smiling. At least he knew what color I would have asked for, I think. "So how much did that cost? I'll pay you back for it since it is my ankle and my fault." I say trying to sit up. "Don't worry about it." He says smiling again. Well that was nice of him. "Can I get some more water? I'm insanely thirsty right now." I say. "Of course, that's probably from the morphine." Aaron says walking towards the kitchen. About a minute later he returned with my water. I chugged it down. "Wow you really must have been thirsty." He says laughing. "I said I was." I say laughing too. "So......" he starts. "Yes?" I ask wondering what he was going to say. "I think we need to talk." He says looking down. "You think." I say kind of rude. "Why don't you start from the beginning?" I say nicer. "Well, that's just it I don't know where the beginning is." He says looking at me. "Well how about when you decided you were going to take me against my will." I say looking him straight in the eye. "Why did you take me?" I add. "I took you because I love you and I couldn't think of any other way for me to be with you. You were with Ronnie there was no way you would ever leave him for me. So that is why I had to do this." He says looking at the floor. "Hmm... alright well what else did you have to say?" I ask. "Well I want you to stay here. I want you to try with me and if you don't like it I'll let you go. I just love you so much Amber, you have no idea." He says on the verge of crying. God I wanted more than anything to reach over and hug him just to make him feel a little better. I reach out and put my hand on his, it was enough for him to know it was okay. "I forgive you." I say looking down. "You do?!?" he says amazed. "Yes, I understand why you did it." I say looking at him. "Just give me some time to really show you how I feel." He says sadly. "Fine." I say looking away. I was going to regret this, but I really wanted Ronnie. All this made me realize that I really loved him with all my heart and soul. "I have a few conditions though. First I want my own room not some nasty bed in the basement, second no more chaining me up. I obviously can't go anywhere now." I say looking at my leg. "I can do that. I'll get your room set up now." He says jumping up. "It better look good too." I yell as he turns the corner of the hallway. Jesus what the hell did I just do? Why would I agree to stay here? Maybe because you're starting to have feelings for this guy Amber, I think to myself. Oh god how could I even think that? What would Ronnie think of me knowing I was starting to like the guy who did all this? I stand up and hop over to the wall; I use it as support to get me to the bathroom. I open the door and walk in locking the door behind me. I sit on the floor and look through the bag of things Aaron had left for me yesterday. Inside I find exactly what I was looking for a razor. I break it apart so I have the blade in my hand. I'd never done this before but I knew it was what I needed to do, especially after what I had been thinking. I took hold of the razor and before I could stop myself I drug it across my wrist. I sat there and stared at the crimson, red blood that was soon covering the floor by my feet thinking the whole time that I would always love Ronnie.

~Ronnie's POV~

I woke up bright and early, I couldn't sleep all night I was too worried that something may have happened or might be happening to Amber. What little bit I had slept was ruined with the horrible nightmare filled with horrible ideas of how Aaron might hurt Amber. I knew I couldn't go much longer without really sleeping; I was going to have to look into getting some sleeping pills soon. I climb out of bed and head towards the bathroom. After my shower I decide to go check downstairs and see if there was any news. There was no one in the living room or the kitchen so I assumed everyone was still asleep. I had decided yesterday to pull Cyndy out of school and just have her do her classes online. There was no way she was going to be able to go to school with all this going on. I figured I might as well check the mail, who knows maybe Amber might have found a way to get a hold of us. But there was nothing there. Sadly I walk back into the house. When I walk into the kitchen Cyndy was there sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal. "Oh hey, I didn't know you were awake." She says looking up at me as I walk in. "Couldn't sleep." I say sitting down. "Again?" she asks. "I keep dreaming of all these horrible things that could be happening to her right now. I mean I know I should be more positive about it, he obviously likes her but I can't help but wonder if she might say something to push him over the edge." I say. "Yea that sounds like her; she does get pretty pissed very easily." Cyndy says laughing. "Oddly that's something I loved about her." I say laughing to. "Would you like to go with me to this weapon shop later and see if they saw Aaron?" I ask pulling us back to reality. "Yea, I really hope they know something. I mean come on we have to catch a break sometime!" she says. "Yea we do. Why don't you finish breakfast and call Brandy and let her know. She can meet us there if she wants to." I say standing up to head towards the stairs. "I text her now and let her know, I'm sure she wants to be there." She says pulling out her phone. I nod and head upstairs to get dressed. I wasn't in the mood for anything other than black so that's what I wore. I put on a plain black t-shirt and blank skinnys. After I was dressed I walk downstairs to find Cyndy all ready to go. "Wow you got ready quick." I say rather amazed. "Yea well I'm ready to get this over with." She says grabbing her bag. We head out to my car and I punch the address into my GPS. 20 minutes later we are at the shop waiting for Brandy to arrive. A few minutes later she pulls up with Jacky. "Hey Cyndy, have you guys gone in yet?" Brandy asks. "No, we just got here a few minutes ago." Cyndy says. "Oh good I don't wanna miss anything." Brandy says as we all walk into the store. There were all sorts of weapons all over the walls, guns, knives, even bows. It disgusted me just being in here. I walk up to the counter and ring the bell. An older man walks out a few seconds later. "What can I do for you guys?" he asks. "Actually we were wondering if you say a certain guy, he's about my height, short black hair, a nose ring and gauged ears. He ordered something from here and we're trying to find him." I say. "That description does sound familiar, let me look. Here it is, an Aaron Graves placed an order a few days ago." He says pulling something up on his computer. "Could you tell us where he had the order sent?" I say hoping this was our ticket we were looking for. "I'm sorry I can't do that. All orders here are private. I wouldn't be able to give you that information without prior permission from the customer." He says. "I really wish I could help you." He adds after seeing the looks on our faces. "Yea thanks." I say walking back out to the car. I kick the door and sit on the ground. I was so pissed I couldn't see straight. This was our one shot, our one chance to find something and of course it was a bust.

~Aaron's POV~

I rush to find Amber the perfect room. Everything in it had to be perfect! I run over to my room and find a nice, fluffy, black comforter and a few things like pillows and such. I make her bed up and go over to another room to grab a table and chair for her in case she needed them. I wasn't too sure what she liked to do in her free time other than read. This reminded me there was a huge box of books in the attic. I pull down the string for the stairs and climb up. I didn't see the box up front so I do a little searching and soon find it. After I get the box into her room I head back to one of the other rooms and find a nice wooden bookshelf that would look amazing with the way her room was going to be decorated. It didn't take me long to have her room all set for her. I even hung the clothes up for her. I had gone out a few days before I had taken her and bought a shitload of clothes just in case. I stand back and admire my work. I must admit for such a little amount of time I did a pretty damn good job. I head back to living room expecting to see Amber but she isn't there. I walk back the way I came and notice the bathroom door is shut. I try opening the door but it was locked. "Amber? Amber open the door!" I say pounding on it. There was no response. I start to panic, what if she fell and hit her head. I kick the door and it finally flies open. What I saw inside was more horrific than I had imagined I was going to see.