Chapter 1: Goodmorning

Updated: 26/09/2023

~

"So anyways, there I was, in line at the grocery store with six pounds of butter and covered in ointment..." [Y/n] continued as she looked to her side, noticing her once-present walking companion was no longer in sight.

Coming to an abrupt stop on the sidewalk, she looked around the busy city street they had just been strolling in together. It was a warm, sunny summer afternoon. Large skyscrapers stood as peaceful giants, seemingly touching the clouds, as the streets below were lined with small shops and buzzing with life. A light breeze from the nearby beach weaved its way in between the large buildings, offering some welcomed relief from the hot sun.

[Y/n] let out a tired sigh when she couldn't seem to spot her friend anywhere within the crowds. She always seemed to get a little too carried away when telling a long-winded story.

"IZUKU!" [Y/n] yelled, cupping her hands around her mouth to project her voice.

She waited for a response but received nothing except a few startled looks from strangers walking by.

"MIDORIYA!!! IZUKU!" She yelled once more, turning and yelling in another direction. No luck.

How could he just ditch me? This is so unlike him. [Y/n] thought to herself.

As she continued to search through the crowd, she heard what sounded like a large crowd in the distance. Not only the muffled sounds of a crowd but also of someone yelling. [Y/n] spotted a few pedestrians around her pointing toward a large overpass bridge in the middle of the city. Her line of vision followed where they were pointing, spotting a large villain standing atop the overpass and what appeared to be multiple large tree branches extending themselves in front of it. Instantly she knew Izuku would be in the on-watching crowd, considering he was a huge fan of heroes.

The branches appeared to be coming from a hero, much smaller than the villain, in both muscle mass and height. Despite this, they were still attempting to stop the destruction of the city. [Y/n] felt a brief spark of excitement in the pit of her stomach as she watched. However, just as it seemed the villain would be stopped by the branches, the ground began to shake and large thunderous claps sounded from the distance.

WHAT THE FUCK, AN EARTHQUAKE?!?! [Y/n] crouched down and put her hands on the sidewalk's pavement to steady herself along with many pedestrians around her.

The thunderous noise and earth-shaking suddenly stopped and a woman dressed in a hero costume as tall as a five-story building, collided with the villain in a flying sidekick, knocking them both off the overpass. The villain crashed into the pavement and the hero stood proudly, waving to the cheering crowd that had gathered to watch. [Y/n]'s eyes shot open wide, amazed at such a quirk and how easily the hero incapacitated the villain. The hero graciously absorbed the attention she was receiving from the photographers and crowd and began posing in different angles.

[Y/n] cautiously stood up and watched as the hero began to stick her butt out to the reporters in a suggestive pose.

Classy. [Y/n] thought.

Looking at the large crowds and feeling the excitement in the air from watching the successful capture of a villain, [Y/n] knew Izuku wouldn't want to leave anytime soon. Turning on her heels, she began to continue her commute to school on her own.

The breeze from the beach flowed through her (h/c) hair as she walked. She was dressed in her black middle school uniform, one that she wouldn't have to wear for much longer as her last school year was coming to an end. [Y/n] contently hummed a tune as she passed by a few small shops.