Chapter 15: The Dark Side

~ Revised 29/01/2024~

Katsuki physically felt the atmosphere change. It was heavier. The air seemed to still.

The calm before the storm.

Clenching his jaw in frustrated anticipation, his crimson eyes darted around [Y/n]'s body, trying to prepare for whatever was about to ensue.

Slowly, [Y/n]'s fingertips began to turn black. The pigment flooded her fingers and danced across her hands. It swam around in her palms and over her knuckles until settling around her wrists.

Her mind was a tsunami of emotions. She felt her blood boil with anger. She hated using this side of her quirk, especially against her friends.

But she hated the way Katsuki was acting more.

Katsuki glared down at her black hands before his eyes darted back up to her angry face. He had never seen her like this before. This anger or this part of her quirk. He wasn't sure if his stomach was turning from intimidation, fear, or excitement at the opportunity to prove his strength. 

"Katsuki, everyone always says that to me. Everyone thinks I'm weak, that my quirk isn't qualified to be a hero's." [Y/n]'s veins pumped with adrenaline. Her emotions were brimming in her core and she felt dangerous. Her hands like venom.

"But, I'm here; training to be a hero! And I'm about to show you what I can really do."

[Y/n] balled her hands into fists at her side.

"You think you're tough now or something?! Stop wasting my time and give me your best shot! This will be over in two seconds!" Katsuki yelled.

[Y/n] cracked her knuckles as a sly smile crept up her features.

Without hesitation, she closed the distance between them, appearing in front of Katsuki before his optic nerves could even fire synapses across his brain to alert him to the danger.

"Young [L/n]! Don't do this! Stop this instant!" She heard All Might yell into her earpiece.

But it was too late. Her mind was made on her actions. Her emotions had led her too far to stop now.

They both knew that with this side of [Y/n]'s quirk, she could kill Katsuki with just a single touch.

She just wanted to prove to him that she wasn't weak or useless and to stop being cruel to Izuku.

[Y/n]'s fist collided with Katsuki's shoulder like a wooden bat colliding with a baseball in a grand slam. Katsuki braced for impact but collided against the wall behind him, indenting it with his body and sending spider web cracks up to the ceiling.

He stared down at [Y/n] with wide eyes. She stared back at him with hooded (e/c) ones. Immediately, Katsuki felt an intense, blinding pain in his arms and legs.

He grunted in pain, biting his lip to prevent him from screaming. It felt as if the muscles were twisting on their own, trying to break free under his skin. Red hot pain shot up and down his thighs and calves. He could see his biceps moving like angry waves in a storm on his arms. The pain threatened to consume him completely.

[Y/n] retracted her hand and stepped back.

"YOU BITCH!" Katsuki yelled out.

He swung his right arm at her. [Y/n] swiftly ducked, dodging his fist and sending it flying over her head. Despite the pain his limbs were in, he gritted his teeth and fought viciously through it. Katsuki was tough enough to fight through a few muscle cramps.

"THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO ME?!"

[Y/n] lunged again, extending her hands out to touch him like the angel of death.