Chapter 30: Hospital

~Revised 05/04/24~

White double doors in a hospital hallway crashed open as a small army of nurses, doctors, and U.A. teachers quickly escorted several hospital beds down the corridor. Each bed occupied a severely injured individual.

[Y/n]'s body lay unmoving on the first hospital bed, followed by Aizawa's unconscious body, an equally unconscious Thirteen, a barely conscious Todoroki, extremely concerned and in pain Kirishima, crying Izuku, and a peacefully sleeping Bakugou.

The head doctor felt for a pulse as he ran alongside [Y/n]'s bed. His features twisted in concern.

"Sixteen-year-old female with multiple suspected fractions and obstructed airway. Reportedly unconscious half an hour ago! Suspected internal lateral bleeding! Extremely critical condition." One of the nurses stated. She was holding an air tube to [Y/n]'s face, pumping air into her lungs periodically.

"[Y/n]?" Izuku worriedly asked several beds behind her. He tried sitting up to see her, but a nurse gently pushed him back into the bed. The nurses and doctors around her bed completely ignored the boy as they continued to come up with a treatment plan.

"Is she going to be okay?!" Kirishima desperately asked, not particularly at anyone. The corners of his eyes watered as he didn't get a response, everyone talking over each other and crowding around [Y/n]'s bed.

Midnight, who jogged along with the commotion looked over to Kirishima.

"She's going to be okay. Don't worry." She tried to comfort him, but her voice came out sadder than she had hoped.

"Wait!" Izuku protested the nurse keeping him in place on his back. "Please! Is she going to be okay?!" His body shook as the pain of losing [Y/n] began to hit him harder. The adrenaline from before was completely out of his system and reality was hitting him like a brick wall. All he wanted was to see [Y/n].

"Hun, please stop moving so much, you need to stay still for your legs." The nurse tried to soothe Izuku.

"Listen to the nurses Midoryia!" Midnight instructed from Kirishima's bedside.

"Start a central line and attempt immediate resuscitation! Get her vitals stat! Start a chest tube if needed! Let's save this kid, okay?! Page all other emergency doctor's on hand, you're going to need a lot of hands for her!" The head doctor instructed.

The army of nurses and doctors around her bedside nodded and speedily rushed her into a nearby emergency room. Multiple voices began shouting instructions as they immediately began attempting to resuscitate the girl. Kirishima and Izuku watched and listened with wide-eyed horror. The door to her room swung closed after the last doctor sprinted inside.

Principle Nezu, who was perched on Present Mic's shoulders, stood beside the door to her room; as a nurse tried to inform them that they weren't allowed inside her room while the doctors were at work.

Kirishima panicked as he watched the door close, not being able to see [Y/n] anymore.

"Wait!! No! [L/N]!" His voice cracked as tears streamed down his scratched-up face. He desperately looked around at the nurses around him, all of them busy trying to take vitals or talk to the doctors. "I need to be in that room with her!" He stated, panicked. "Please just let me be in that room!!" He cried. His stomach flipped as the thought of not being next to [Y/n] before she's pronounced dead flooded his mind. Midnight placed a hand on his bed, trying to be near the hurting boy to bring him some sense of comfort.

The head doctor moved back to the next hospital bed being wheeled down the hallway, beginning to shout instructions about treatment for Aizawa and Thirteen. Izuku stared at the back of Kirishima's bed as he listened to the chaos ensue. The whole situation seemed like a dream. Everything seemed so fine before this morning. Images of the day's events flashed through his head as he tried to come to terms with this new reality; walking to school in the morning, standing next to [Y/n] as they waited to get on the bus; [Y/n] showing off her new hero costume; her throwing a bag of cookie's at Kaminari on the bus; the warp gate villain separating everyone; escaping the shipwreck zone with Tsuyu and Mineta; watching [Y/n] switch between her quirks as she fought Nomu; her broken form in his arms as All Might arrived; her walking only a couple feet behind him as he carried Aizawa's unconscious body; the pounding he felt in his heart when he suddenly heard her scream; seeing her unconscious body in Bakugou's arms; propelling himself towards Todoroki as he desperately clung to the girl and fought the pain of the villain's quirk; feeling her body against his as they crash landed into the ground; the other pro heroes arriving; Kacchan running up the stairs calling out desperately for a nurse; Ectoplasm picking him up carefully and rushing him into an ambulance with Kirishima and Todoroki. Now he was here and it all seemed to be hitting him. His eyes began to water once again and hot tears ran down his face. His throat felt like it was wrapped with barbed wire as he tried not to sob out loud.