Chapter 21: Shoto ily but stfu

~Revised 08/02/24~

"Decent work on yesterday's combat training you guys," Mr. Aizawa spoke in front of his class. [Y/n] held her head in her hand as she listened to her teacher speak. "I saw the video footage and went over each of your team's results with All Might."

"Bakugo," He lazily addressed, grabbing both Katsuki and [Y/n]'s full attention. "You're talented, so don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay?"

Katsuki grunted. "Yeah, whatever," he responded, glaring out the classroom's window.

"Midoriya," Said boy stiffened in his seat and obediently looked down at his lap, clearly embarrassed at the attention and scared of what his teacher was about to say. "I see the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm, again. Work harder! And don't give me the excuse you don't have control over your quirk, that line's already getting old. You can thank [L/n] for the help on that, too."

[Y/n] hung her head in shame. Her (h/c) hair falling around and hiding her face.

"You can't keep breaking your body while training here. But your quirk will be really useful if you can get a handle on it; that also goes for you too, [L/n]." Aizawa lazily said.

"[L/n]." She looked up at her teacher, nervous about the feedback. "Don't hesitate to immobilize your opponents. You won't win or save anyone that way. You hesitated when you first pulled Bakugou down to the ground."

"HEY!" Katsuki yelled out in annoyance. 

Mr. Aizawa continued without acknowledging the outburst. 

"And then again throughout the match. You could have immobilized him immediately otherwise, with your quirk and your skills."

Izuku and [Y/n] suddenly beamed up at their teacher simultaneously. A new-found confidence brewing inside them as they witness their teacher giving them their first compliment.

"So, show a little urgency you two, huh?"

"RIGHT!" They both yelled from their desks.

"Let's get down to business, our first task will decide your future." Mr. Aizawa's tone changed from serious to EXTRA-serious.

It seemed the entire class thought the same thing: IS THIS ABOUT OUR QUIRK TEST?!

"You all need to pick a class representative."

A class rep, huh? [Y/n] thought, raising her eyebrows in consideration.

Suddenly, it seemed practically everyone in her class stood up and began shouting to be elected. Everyone began yelling on top of each other and waving their hands in the air frantically. [Y/n] sweatdropped at everyone's enthusiasm...towards themselves. She looked back and noticed some students like Tokoyami and Todoroki being silent, which honestly didn't surprise her. Kirishima banged his fist on a table. Mina jumped in the air and waved her arms around. [Y/n] even watched as Katsuki raised his hand and angrily shouted about how he should be elected.

"SILENCE EVERYONE PLEASE!" Iida yelled, shushing the class. "The class representative's duty is to lead others. That's not something just anyone can do! You must first have the trust of every student in the classroom! Therefore, the most logical way to fill this position is democratically! We will hold an election to decide who's our leader!"

Iida's hand was shaking as he continuously held it sternly in the air.

[Y/n] tittered out a giggle at his intenseness. And how obvious it was that he wanted to be elected.

"Is this really the best idea?" Kaminari asked.

"We've only known each other a few days, how do we know who we can trust?" Tsuyu asked.