Chapter 13: Sit Next To Me

~Revised on 26/01/2024~

It was mid-afternoon; lunchtime. Two days after [Y/n]'s first meeting with Recovery Girl. 

[Y/n] and the rest of class 1A had finished all their regular classes and were now making their way to the main cafeteria.

[Y/n] walked alongside Izuku, Iida, and Uraraka. Iida was passionately explaining the rules and integrity he planned on keeping while at U.A., while Uraraka, Izuku, and [Y/n] listened. They continued to chat as they stood in a lunch line. [Y/n] stared off down the line at all the warm and mouth-watering food the cafeteria was serving. She had gone quiet, her attention not wavering from the glistening white rice and sesame chicken.

The meal plan U.A. implemented for her had her consuming almost double the calories she was used to, with a large focus on protein-rich foods and loading on carbohydrates at breakfast and lunch. As much as she loved eating, she was already having a difficult time meeting the requirements due to feeling full. 

She was pulled out of her food trance when she heard a familiar husky voice calling her name. She looked over to her left and saw Kirishima and Mina waving at her from across the cafeteria.  They made their way over to where [Y/n] was standing with Iida, Izuku, and Uraraka.

She smiled brightly at them, her (e/c) eyes widening slightly upon seeing them.

"Hey guys!" She cheerfully greeted.

"[L/n]! Doesn't all this food smell amazing?! I'm starving!" Mina yelled, excited to eat.

[Y/n] laughed and nodded in agreement.

"We just wanted to know if you wanted to sit with us!" Kirishima asked, gesturing behind him at a table full of their other classmates.

[Y/n] smiled at their kindness but had to decline. As much as she wanted to make new friends, she couldn't just ditch the friends she already agreed to sit with. Mina and Kirishima understood and waved goodbye as they took their food trays and went to sit down.

The four friends did the same as they approached an empty table. As [Y/n] sat down, she felt her phone vibrate in her jacket pocket. She reached into her uniform's grey jacket to retrieve it. One new message:

Katsuki Bakugou:

(1:03pm) Are you seriously sitting with those nerds right now?!

[Y/n] knitted her eyebrows together at the message. She quickly darted her eyes up toward her companions at the table, hoping they hadn't noticed her looking at her phone. They hadn't. [Y/n] peered around at the various faces that adorned the cafeteria, looking for the explosive blond. She spotted him sitting alone at the end of a table, five down from her. He was angrily staring at her. She sent him a confused look and turned back to her phone.

[Y/n] [L/n]:

Um...Yes?

She hit send, watching the read sign appear immediately, along with another text message.

Katsuki Bakugou:

Wth why?!

[Y/n] ignored this message, she was confused as to why the ash blond suddenly took an interest in what she did. She began to dig into her food. 

Katsuki, watched her ignore his message, which made him even angrier. He, himself, was not even too sure why he was annoyed by who she sat with. He had secretly thought she would sit with him, even though he didn't care if he sat by himself, he figured with all of her recent persistence to do stuff together, she'd want to spend lunch together.