Chapter 3: Quirk Time

Updated: 23/09/2023

~

"I like me a skin suit that's well-built!" The large green slime villain exclaimed while his body towered over [Y/n]. It casted a menacing and dark shadow across the boys and down the alleyway. 

Before [Y/n] had time to react, the villain jumped onto her and engulfed her body in theirs. Instinctually screaming, [Y/n] was instantly immobilized by the force and strength of the villain's gelatinous body around her. Her arms and legs were pinned to her side and panic set in deep within her chest. The villain was surprisingly warm but squeezed itself tighter around her body as each second passed. She looked frantically over at Katsuki, whose eyes were as wide as dinner plates, his body cemented in place.

"KATS-" [Y/n] tried to yell out for help but the villain was smart and used this opportunity to shove himself into her mouth the second she opened it.

Tears pricked the corners of her eyes as she choked on the villain's slime. A guttural and acidic taste coated the inside of her mouth. She gagged as the slime thickly coated and travelled down the back of her throat and into her esophagus. The villain tightened his grip around her body, squeezing [Y/n] tighter. [Y/n] tried to activate her quirk. Her skin began to tingle and glow a bright hue from within the villain.

"OU! A regenerative quirk, eh? With this body, I'll be invincible! Not even All Might will be able to hurt me!" the villain yelled, absorbing the energy [Y/n] was releasing.

I might have an advantage if they think that's only what my quirk is. [Y/n] thought to herself. Her mind was racing with escape ideas. If I just continue to slowly heal myself, I might be able to survive long enough for a pro hero to arrive and get me out.

"AYE STOP IT! LET HER GO YOU SHITTY VILLAIN!" Katsuki yelled, no lack of confidence in his voice as he addressed the villain. 

[Y/n] started to feel small tinges of pain in her lungs as they begged for air. Thankfully due to her quirk, physical pain was an uncommon feeling. However, feeling it now in this situation made the panic in her chest bloom throughout her midsection, increasing her heart rate significantly. Once pain began to set in, that meant her quirk was becoming gradually less powerful. It was then that she realized her rationing of food recently had left her with less energy than normal. Which her quirk heavily relied on.

Katsuki jumped onto the villain where [Y/n]'s body was engulfed in. Her head stuck out of the slime as she looked at him, scared for what he was trying to do; and for their lives. He was intensely concentrated and determined, but his eyes kept darting frantically back to her face. He stuck his hands inside the slime trying to grab [Y/n]'s body to pull her out, but the villain easily slapped him off and onto the pavement like a bug. [Y/n] let out a muffled cry, as she watched.

She suddenly began to feel dizzy and her line of vision slowly began to go in and out of focus. Small white and black dots danced across her peripheral vision.

SHIT SHIT SHIT! I can't run out of energy now!! This can't happen! I have to fight! I can't faint right now!" [Y/n] thought. She knew her quirk relied on energy, and the villain was sapping it out of her like a mosquito sucking fresh blood. The less energy she had, the less she could use her quirk and the more likely she was to pass out.

Slime continuously pushed itself through her mouth, into her body.

"TAKE ME INSTEAD!!" Katsuki yelled as he stood from the pavement.

[Y/n]'s eyes widened. She couldn't believe what he had just said. They weren't even that close, and yet here he was trying to save her. Sure, they were friends and she liked to tease him a lot. But she never thought he'd try to take her place in a potentially life-threatening situation.