Chapter 2 "Lost Love"

"With all the smiles you brought me, I never thought that you could cause so many tears"

-Eli!!" the black haired woman jumped out of her bed as she heard shouting next her door

-Eli!!" the black haired woman jumped out of her bed as she heard shouting next her door. "Eli open up!" next her doorstep she found Hawke and Anders holding on to her. Without saying anything she stepped away letting them both in. "please Eli, he is badly hurt, there are no other healers apart from you and him."

-What happened?" Eli cleared the table to lay Anders on it.

-We got attacked while walking back home, you have to help him, please I can't lose him too." She begged. Eli felt panic rise at the pit of her stomach. She hasn't used her magic ever since she left Ostwick, which was three years ago. "Eli please, there is no time!"

-Alright." Eleanor raised both of her hands above him, closed her eyes and allowed her magic to run free on her fingertips once again. She held it in for so long that letting it flow felt so good. Like breathing again. Once she was done, she closed her magic back in again.

-Thank you." Hawke smiled at her. A single tear running down her face as relief filled her heart. "if not for you, he would have died and... I can't live without him."

-Don't mention it, just be careful next time." she answered, turning around her eyes widening in the sight of her lover watching her stunned.

\\\\\\\\\

Once Hawke and Anders left she allowed her to look at Samson, he sat next to the table, head in hands. "Samson I...."

-Why?

-Why?" she repeated his question confused.

-Why didn't you tell me? Why did you hide something like this from me?" he removed his hands from his face looking up at her.

-I was afraid of your reaction, you always wanted to be a Templar, and I'm a mage. I was afraid that you wouldn't accept me the way I am." the long pause was almost unbearable as neither of them spoke for a few minutes.

-You were right to be scared." His words hit her like daggers. She felt her eyes watering. She walked next to him grabbing his hands into hers.

-You can't be serious, I will hide, just like before. No one will know!" she begged with tears streaming down her cheeks.

-I will know!" he shouted suddenly standing and jerking her hands from his.

-It doesn't change anything! I'm still the same woman you love!"

-It changes everything Eli! You are a mage and I'm a Templar, it is my duty to oppose all you are!" she looked at him, her blue eyes full of tiers. Shaking her head she stepped towards him reaching for his face with her hands. She placed her head against his and whispered once her eyes were closed.

-Don't let me go my love, I have nothing but you." She pulled slightly away to look into his eyes. "You are my world." And she kissed him like she never kissed him before, her chest rose and fell with rapid breaths. Once they pulled away she looked up at him with her ocean blue pleading eyes. however, his were cold as ice.

-You should leave, if I find you here once I'm back... I'm afraid I will have to report you to the Templars." With that he left her standing in a pitch black room crying for her heart was in so much pain.

/////////////

-I'm so sorry Eli." Hawke said hugging her friend.

-I know, but hey it was worth it. I couldn't allow Anders to die. Even if it meant to lose someone close." The black haired woman answered. "He would have found out eventually, and it might have hurt even worse than it does now."

-Where will you go?"

-I don't know, but with everything you gave me, I never felt that rich since my life back in Ostwick." Eleanor said pulling away from Hawke.

-You don't have to leave, you can live with us."

-You have already enough mages to look after, and besides, I hate it here in Kirkwall." Eli admitted. 

-I wish you a good luck my friend." Hawke said after a few moments of silence.

-And I to you Champion. Give my regards to the rest. Hopefully, we will meet again one day."

///

She drifted around the Thedas for a long time. Exploring the world she never has seen before. Meeting all kinds of people. She didn't think much through when one of those friends offered her to join to the Temple of Sacred Ashes. Her life turned upside down when she found herself kneeling on the cold ground chained in prison and with a green of mark on her hand.

//////////////////////////

-I know her Seeker. It's not a face to be easily forgotten"

-And? Who is she?"

-She used to live back in Kirkwall, one of my recruits introduced me to her not long after the Arishok attacked the city. I believe her name was Eleanor, I'm afraid that's all I know, she looked quite uneasy next to me guess now I know why." Commander signed turning to see a soldier at the doorsteps of the war room.

-Commander, the prisoner is waking!"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////