Chapter 9 "Sweet Apology"

"Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows"
🌹🌹🌹

"Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows"🌹🌹🌹

Things weren't getting any better back outside of Skyhold. Eli was back from one of her trips, her hair one huge mess, and black tint that she uses on her eyes was dripping down her cheeks because of the rain. It was raining the whole time until she managed to close the rift in the lake. However, on her way back to Skyhold it started raining again. She liked the stormy weather and rain but this wasn't the time, she thought. They have been walking on foot for around ten kilometres because of the mud the horses couldn't cross with them on their backs. Once in Skyhold she tore her short sword from her hip and threw it in her tent.

-Welcome back, Inquisitor." Josephine greeted once Eli entered the war room, still in her dirty wet clothes. She expected at least a snort from the commander. However, he didn't raise his eyes towards her direction. "Oh my, you need a bath." Josie added walking towards the inquisitor. "I'll ask to get one ready in your quarters." Eli's eyes went wide.

-My what now?" Leliana chuckled but commander didn't even react, still looking down at his papers.

-We got you a place to stay, as the Inquisitor you shouldn't sleep with your soldiers in tents." Josie smiled grabbing Eli's arm and pulling her out of the war room. Leliana followed grabbing her other arm once she tried to get away. "By the way, remember when we talked about Empress Celene assassination? We three discussed it and decided that perhaps we should attend the ball." Josephine smiled sweetly. ~"Of course you did." Eli thought.

The room was gorgeous and huge. With windows going through the whole wall and two balconies that lead into different views.

-Are you two crazy? This room is huge." Eli shook her head looking around her new room. She unbuttoned her daggers and few of her bottles placing them on the desk. "Maker, I could fit my whole squad into this bed." Eleanor joked.

-Now that the commander is out of our sights. What the hell did you do to the poor thing?" Leliana asked with a wide grin on her lips. Eli froze in her place about to reach for one of the books on the bookshelf.

-I have no idea what you are on about." Eli answered casually, turning towards the two women, her hands on her hips. "And besides you shouldn't question your Inquisitor." She added, smiling slightly.

-He has been out of it for the whole week after you left, either pacing around the war room when called or closed himself in the tower." Josephine laughed watching Eli's expression.

-And what makes you think it's my fault?" she defended pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear in a nervous manner.

-I saw you two talking in the battlements night before you left." Leliana picket on her nails casually.

-Nothing happened."

-No, of course not. I just imagined things." Leliana and Josephine laughed. Eli was getting frustrated.