Chapter 3 "Herald of Andraste"

"I am strong because I've been weak. I'm fearless because I've been afraid. I am wise because I've been foolish"

The first thing Eleanor felt as waking up was the coldness, from bending on the ground and her sore shoulders from holding chains on her hands for hours

The first thing Eleanor felt as waking up was the coldness, from bending on the ground and her sore shoulders from holding chains on her hands for hours. She gasped a little as a bright green light broke from her palm that felt like burning from inside. She heard steps around her. Eleanor lifts her head, long locks of raven black hair framing her face as she shakes a few strands away looking up to see a tall woman watching her carefully.

-Where am I?" Eli asked frowning her brows.

-Tell me why we shouldn't kill? Everyone at the Conclave is dead. Except for you."

-And why do you think I'm responsible?" Eleanor snapped.

-Explain this." The other woman snapped back, she felt her arms twisting in an uncomfortable way as the woman held it up in the air. The green mark light up sending painful blow.

-I don't know what that's is! Or how it got here!" Eleanor growled pulling her chained hands back. She didn't expect her to lose it and try to choke her to death when she felt a gloved hand on her neck. That was when the other woman joined us, pulling her grip off of me.

-We need her Cassandra."

-Well, that most likely will leave yet another mark on me." Eleanor said as she caught her breath back and the woman named Cassandra groaned. "Whatever you think I did I'm innocent." Eli allowed anger to take control now.

-Do you remember what happened? How it all began?" the red-haired woman asked inching forward. Eli frowned searching through her head but finding nothing.

-No, the last thing I remember was running, things with chasing me, and then.. a woman?" she said a little confused with her own words.

-A woman?"

-I'm afraid that's all I remember." Mage raised her chin, waiting for what will happen next. Her messy hair falling onto her face again.

-We should get her to the Breach, she might be the key in stopping this." Seeker offered.

//////////////////

-Quickly, before more come through!" An elf mage grabbed Eli's hand pulling it towards a rift. After a few seconds, it exploded with a thud forcing them to take a few steps back.

-What did you do?" she rubbed her hand where the elf held her just a moment ago.

-I did nothing, the credit is yours. Whatever magic opened the Breach in the sky also placed that mark upon your hand. I theorized the mark might be able to close the rifts that have opened in the Breach's wake." Eleanor gazed at her palm. "And it seems I was correct. It seems you hold the key to our salvation." The elf motioned to her hand.

-Good to know! Here I thought we'd be ass-deep in demons forever." A voice that she knew so well spoke.

-I can't believe this! Varric!" she spun around to see her old friend from Kirkwall. "It's so good to see you." She smiled making her way towards the dwarf. "And Bianca too." she winked.