Chapter 7 "Inquisitor"

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice, it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved"

Skyhold was something else. When Solas offered inquisition a fortress up in the mountains, she expected something less breathtaking than this. However, she was happy, finally, inquisition could rebuild and be something for the Thedas to think about. Everyone was busy with their tasks, while Eli helped the wounded as best as she could. She isn't very talented in healing magic but her mentor taught her the basics back in Ostwick.

-Eleanor, may we talk for a moment?" Cassandra asked walking in one of the tents where the wounded lay. Eli's hair was braided behind to keep it out of her face which made Cassandra's face go into surprised expression. "I don't think I ever saw you with your hair up." Eli smiled drawing her long fingers through the wound she was healing as it faded away. "Walk with me, Herald." Cassandra motioned to the exit. "We have the walls the numbers to put up a fight here. But this threat is far beyond the war we anticipated." Cassandra started leading Eli up the stairs. "We now know what allowed you to stand against Corypheus. What drew him to you." She frowned once on the top of the stairs about to say something else but Eli interrupted.

-He didn't care about the people. He needed the Anchor and now that it's useless he wanted me dead." She said looking down at the green mark on her hand. "What kind of so-called 'Herald' would I be if I wouldn't sacrifice for the people who believe in me." She joked, seeing as Cassandra's face didn't change a bit the grin left Eli's tired face. Cassandra signed in annoyance.

-The Anchor has power, but it's not why you're still standing here." Cassandra stated starting to walk again. "In my whole life I have seen many mages, however, none of them proved to be as strong as you. Blood mages included. Your decisions let us heal the sky. Your determination brought us out of Haven." She continued. Walking up the stairs she noticed Leliana standing with a sword in her hands. "The Inquisition requires a leader. The one who has already been leading it." Eleanor stopped in her tracks.

-Perhaps I didn't hear correctly. You want me, a mage from Free Marches to lead the Inquisition?" Eli looked at Cassandra frowning her eyebrows.

-Not a mage. You." Eli snorted pointing a finger at herself.

-I happen to be a mage, Cassandra and a pretty rebellious as well. I'm not a leading type, it's a lot of responsibility weighing one's shoulders" she motioned towards the sword.

-I will not pretend no one will object. But times are changing and we need to change as well, if we to win this war." Cassandra pushed Eli towards the sword, once she stood next to it her breathing quickened. She looked down at the people gathering, in front of them stod Cullen smiling towards her. "There would be no Inquisition without you." Eli placed her hand on the sword feeling it's weigh in her hand she pulled it up looking at its detailed form.

" Eli placed her hand on the sword feeling it's weigh in her hand she pulled it up looking at its detailed form

-Our concern must be the order and safety of this world, not the next." Eleanor said moving her gaze down to the people. "I'm not chosen." She shouted for everyone to hear. "I have chosen and I will do everything in my power to lead us to the victory." Cassandra and Leliana stod on both sides of her as Cullen turned to the crowd.

-Inquisition will you follow?" he shouted as everyone cheered. "Will you fight? Will we triumph?" he drew his sword and at his last sentence raised it high above him. "Your leader, your Herald, your Inquisitor!" and so she did raise her sword as high as she could. She knew she was going to be a terrible leader but she will damn try her hardest to be the best terrible leader ever existed.

///////////////////////

"Pain changes people"

-Varric, she is going to kill you." Eli grinned nudging his shoulder while they sat on the ground next to the fireplace.

-I know, I know. But a lot has happened after you left, I couldn't allow her to go through even more. Besides look at you. The new title suit you." He raised his ale towards her before taking a sip.

-You are all screwed, you know. Just because the title as you say suits me, doesn't mean that I'm good enough to deserve it." they sat there quietly for a moment.

-So, Samson..." he trailed off. "How do you feel about it?" he asked not moving his gaze from the fire.

-I never thought that I will see him again and even on the Corypheus side." she signed. "I still can't believe in what I saw."

-Samson did change after you left, Eli. He stopped talking to us and then he got thrown out of the order. It was hard for him." Varric murmured seeing Eli's face drop a  little. "But it changed you too." she frowned a little waiting for him to continue. "You look more... alive. Like you couldn't breathe before."

-Ah, Varric. Such a drama queen." Hawke joked walking to sit next to her friends. "All though you do look more alive to me as well." She grinned messing with Eli's hair who just groaned punching Hawkes hand away.

-You know how much I hate when someone touches my hair." Eli warned brushing her fingers through her raven black locks. 

-Oh yes, we should leave it for someone else." Varric winked at Hawke as they both laughed.

-What's that supposed to mean?" Eli looked between them.

-Absolutely nothing." Hawke smiled. 

-Curly is not that bad looking." Dorian joined hitting Eli's shoulder. She groaned standing up and walking towards her tent.

-You three are impossible."

//////////////////

Author's note:

I hope you liked the chapter and if you did feel free to vote:) The fact that there is someone reading my fanfic makes me smile like crazy😁❤❤

I wanted to remind you all that English is not my native language and I apologize in advance for any possible mistakes in the grammar. I will do my best to keep them to a minimum. However, if you are not too lazy I would appreciate if you could point them out so I could fix them:))))

 However, if you are not too lazy I would appreciate if you could point them out so I could fix them:))))