Chapter 4 "Showing off"

"She's a maze, with no escape"

 -Commander, I heard you wanted to see me

 -Commander, I heard you wanted to see me." Eleanor said standing next to the ex-templar.

-Yes, walk with me Herald." He motioned for her to follow. "before we send you off anywhere, I wanted to see if you are able to protect yourself." He stated, coming to a stop. She shrugged.

-I thought I have proven myself back at the temple."

-You can use magic I know that, but magic wont always be available. "he turned towards the other two Templars fighting each other. "You there! You got a new rival." Eleanor looked over the one commander was talking to. He was much bigger and taller than her, fighting him would be a death wish, she will try to dodge his attacks instead. 

-Yes commander." he saluted.

-Whenever you two are ready." Cullen said as he walked few steps backwards to give them more space.

-Ready? "Eleanor asked, soldiers gathered around them, hollering all kinds of encouragements.

-More ready than ill ever be." The young Templar breathed out as his grip tightened around his sword. "Aren't you going to grab a sword for yourself?" he asked feeling a drop of sweat running down his forehead. She grinned shaking her head, as an answer. "let's do this then." Templar breathed, lunging forwards. Eleanor rolled away, kicking against his leg in the process. He stumbled regaining his balance quickly before spinning around, lashing out at her. Herald blocked his arm with her hand, twisting it in a painful way, but not to harm it too much, after all it was just a sparring battle. Templar tried to free himself, but as he tried to punch at the Herald, she dodged, nearly being grazed by a sharp blade. Eli was gone again and the Templar spied around of where she could've gone, as the men laughed for they knew where she was, of course. Until he felt a tap on his shoulder. Roughly, he spun around ready to attack, yet he was greeted with a dagger under his throat. His face twisted, knowing he was beaten by a mage. "Footwork" Cullen barked kicking the insides of Eli's feet to set them apart. "And you, your attacker can see exactly what your intentions are before you even made a move."

-Yes sir." He saluted before leaving me and commander alone.

-Perhaps next time we should fight together." Commander offered strolling off towards the camps.

-Think you can handle me?" Eli asked raising her voice enough for him to hear her. Only to receive a short laugh from the commander. 

////////////

-I brought you a mirror

-I brought you a mirror." Varric said entering Eli's tent. 

-Does this mean I look like shit?" she asked standing up from her chair. She took the mirror that was way bigger than it's carrier and placed it against the wood block that was supporting her tent. Once she finally looked up she faked a gasp. "Oh my, look at my hair. Looks like a raven nest," she said turning to pick a hairbrush. "Thank you Varric, you seem to always know what the girl needs." she joked starting to brush her hair.

-Always glad to help my humble fans." he said leaving the tent. As she brushed her hair, her eyes gazed over her body, going up to the neck that had a bruise since Cassandra tried to choke her. Then her lips that had a little scratch from when she fell once she closed the rift in the temple, then it stopped on her eyes. They were emerald green, nothing like they used to. The gasp that escaped her lips wasn't a fake this time, she was shocked by her own reflection. 'If the mark changed the colour of my eyes, what else will it change'.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Author's note:

This was a pretty short chapter, only 650 words. I hope you enjoy the story so far. I would like to know what you guys think and remember I'm not a native English speaker so if you find any major grammatic mistakes you are always welcome to point it out:) I would appreciate it.