Begger

Your mother smiles warmly at you as you both hide behind the large tree.

"Mission accomplished," she whispers as she stares at your soft features.

"You did great for your first mission honey," she says while gently caressing your hair.

"That was... amazing," you say still in awe. You mother softly laughs as she bends down to match your height.

She looks around her and silently groans in frustration, "why are they so late they were supposed to pick us up and hour ago," she mumbles to herself before looking back at you and smiling again.

Suddenly a rustling noise is heard from behind the two of you and before your young brain could even process what is going on, your mother quickly pushes you to the ground.

The next few events happen in a blink of an eye.

The sound of the gun blaring echoes through the large garden, carelessly bouncing off from the walls of the enormous mansion and then into your small ears. A small silver bullet zooms through the frosty midnight air and harshly comes in contact with your mother's chest. A man in a black hoodie runs away from the scene as you stand there in utter shock.

Your feet carry you towards your mother who is now laying on the ground with a pained expression.

"M-mum, i-it's going to be alright," you say as your small hands cover the bullet wound in attempts to stop the waterfall of blood gushing out of her.

"Y/N," she says in an almost inaudible voice.

Tears rage out of your eyes as you place your forehead against her own.

"It's going to be alright, y-your going to be a-alright," you say in the most convincing voice you could portray.

"H-hey, look at me," your mother says as she slowly lifts her hand and cups your cheek.

Your brown orbs meet her pitch black ones.

"I love you," she says with a soft smile. "You and your brothers mean the world to me and your father," she continues as her hand shakily runs through your hair.

You frantically nod as your cheeks get drenched by unstoppable tears.

"Now I want y-you to promise me one thing," she says as her hand slides off from your head.

You nod again and hold her arm tighter. Not speaking a word and just listening to the beautiful woman in front of you.

"Promise me that one day you will become the best agent out there," she says in a raspy yet soft voice.

You cry harder as she says this, the thought of losing her is now dominating your soul. Your mother gets slightly restless as your answer is not being said. You shake your head and loud sobs escape your mouth as you try to calm yourself down. The fear of losing someone you love is keeping you from speaking.

"I-I," you start with a stutter.

Suddenly your mother's gentle smile drops and her doe eyes space out. Her fierce form goes limp and you feel the soft rhythmic beat of her heart ease out and fade.

"NOOO!" you scream as you shake her body in efforts to bring her back.

Suddenly a pair of arms grab you and lift you onto their shoulder. "Agent Y/N, we have to leave, i-it's not safe here," says a shaky voice.

You can hear the sniffles coming from the man and you understand that he too is crying. You don't care, you scream and hit his back repeatedly.