Flying Files

Your eyes zoomed across the room until they were met with a familiar silver-haired boy. You gave the boy a quick nod and then started racing out your drama classroom. Jungkook did the same thing and started to speed-walk behind you.

"uh-uh-uh, not so fast Mr Jungkook," says the firm voice of your drama teacher. "You are supposed to hand in your assignment today, you didn't forget did you?"

You exited the room and then peeked inside to get a glimpse of the scene.

"I-I forgot it sir, but I can explain," Jungkook says while trying not to stutter.

"DETENTION," screams the teacher even before the poor boy could beg for mercy.

Jungkook sighs deeply and then walks out of the room with his head low. You can't help but feel a little bad and you also need to tell him something important so you decide to save the day.

You tell the boy to stop and then drag him back inside the drama hall.

"Umm M-mr Chen," you call out to the middle-aged man who has his back to you.

"Ahh Mira," Mr Chen says with a warm smile.

"Um Mr Chen, I- I have a request to make," you speak with actual fear in your voice due to the risky situation you are about to encounter.

"Hmm, what is it?" Mr Chen asks while still holding his broad smile.

"C-can you not give Jungkook detention?" you ask while fiddling with your fingers and staring at the ground.

"Huh?" you hear both Mr Chen and Jungkook say at the same time.

You subtly nudge Jungkook to instruct him to be quiet so he does and moves to the opposite side of you.

"And why would I do that?" Mr Chen asks with curiosity gyrating in his dark brown eyes.

"Because we have decided to rehearse the play today and we can't do that if Jungkook has detention," you say while pushing up your big glasses that were starting to skate down your nose.

Instead of answering your question the bald man turns around and looks at Jungkook who looks like a fifth-grade student getting taught grade ten biology lessons. You were praying to all the lords that his stupid confused face doesn't ruin your plan.

"So Jungkook," Mr Chen calls out calmly.

"HMM!" Jungkook shouts as if he has been suddenly awoken from a deep slumber causing you and Mr Chen to slightly jump back from surprise.

The boy clears his throat before rephrasing what he said. "Yes, Mr Chen?" Jungkook asks in a calmer tone.

Mr Chen looks the boy up-and-down before speaking, "Why the sudden change of heart?" the man says with a raised brow. "I thought you didn't care about drama?"

You can see the panic start to circulate in the boy's eyes as his tiny brain hunts for a response to say. You being the SwEeT AnGeL you are, you try and help him out by silently acting out some things that could formulate a good response.

Your body forms into shapes behind the bald man's backs and you try and formulate a sentence along the lines of: "My mum wants me to become an actor so she wants me to do good in Drama"

Jungkooks eyes linger on your weird poses for a second before darting back to look at the old man.

"Um, my - mother - wants - me - to - become - a - camera - so- she- wants - me- to - give-my- thumbs- to - this- drama hall?" Junkook states in a manner that makes it seem as if he is almost asking a question.