Chapter 7- The Beautiful Ones

"Hey, you might want to be a little bit quieter next time you talk to Cameron," I said to Drake.

His eyes widened, "You listened in on our conversation?" I nodded.

"Well, I guess you know why I kinda hate Cameron," Drake said. Behind us, we could hear the sound of clattering heels. I turned and saw Jessica running over towards us. When she got to us, she was out of breath and took a second to compose herself.

"What's up with all the running?" I asked.

She pushed some of her hair back, "I was looking for you all day."

I laughed, "Our lockers are really close; you could've seen me there."

Jessica rolled her eyes jokingly, "I'm rarely ever at my locker."

She cleared her throat, "Well, I wanted to tell you that tonight's coronation. Savannah and I made it onto court and we were wondering if you'd want to come."

I smiled a charismatic smile, "Savannah already told me about it. Wouldn't miss it for the world, Jessica Greene." Jessica smiled back, "See you at six, Scott Wynter." She walked past us and turned to another hallway. Drake and I headed back to the apartment complex; he decided to stay in my apartment until it was time to head back for coronation.

"You're gonna like the dresses they wear bro. Trust me," Drake said.

"What's so good about them?" I asked.

Drake smiled, "You'll see."

To pass the time, I fired up my Xbox and we played about an hour's worth of Call of Duty. Drake almost threw my spare controller about twenty times because he kept dying. During one of our matches, Drake elbowed me and pointed to my clock, which said 5:30. I turned my Xbox off and we ran over to the school. We were welcomed to the overwhelming smell of perfume.

"Oh, Christ," I said, wafting the smells away from my nose.

As we turned to the auditorium, I saw Savannah. She wore a gleaming indigo dress, almost like a wedding dress. She had white gloves going all the way up her forearm and she held a bouquet of assorted color roses. She had her platinum blonde hair curled that fell far down her shoulders. Her tiara sparkled in the lights and so did her white high heels. She gasped when she saw me, and speed walked over to me and bear-hugged me again.

"You came!" Savannah squealed.

"Of course I would. I didn't want to miss this," I replied.

"Here comes Jess," Drake said.

I turned and saw Jessica come out in a white dress. Her black hair was pulled back into a braided bun. She wore burgundy lipstick and sharp eyeliner wings. Her dark blue eyes were screaming to me 'Hey, look at me!'. When I saw her, The Beautiful Ones by Prince started playing in my mind. God, was she so beautiful.

"You made it!" Jessica said with a smile.

I chuckled, "I'm always true to my word."

Thankfully, Cameron was with some other guy from the court.

"Picture time!" Savannah said.

I took a picture with Savannah, Jessica, the both of them, and all four of us. After taking pictures, two guys approached me. One was tall and had a pompadour. The other one was mixed like Drake but a bit darker and had a faded high top.

"You that Scott Wynter kid?" the guy with the pompadour asks.

I nodded. They both smiled and the other guy high-fived me, "What's up man? We heard about what Cameron did to you bro. Sorry that happened."