Chapter 10- The Not-So-Holy Trinity

"You did what?" Drake asked me.

"I made out with Savannah," I repeated.

Drake shook his head, "You've only been here 2 weeks and you've done most of the stuff I've wanted to do. Tell me your secret."

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled, "I told you, it's charisma."

Drake rolled his eyes. Then, suddenly, he got a worried look on his face, "Scott, don't turn around whatever you do."

Of course, I didn't listen to Drake, and I turned around. There was Cameron, a black guy, and a mixed guy. I could only assume that these other 2 were those Dex and Asia guys Drake was talking about.

"Wynter, you just don't fucking listen, do you?" Cameron asked.

"What're you talking about?" I asked.

"Everybody knows what happened at the dance last night, bro. You mind explaining?" the black kid said.

I rolled my eyes, "Cameron, do you really need your friends to intimidate me?" Suddenly, the mixed kid came and pushed me into a table. I grunted and got back up.

"Smooth," I said. "Yeah, Cameron, I did dance with Jessica last night. You can't do shit about it though."

"Oh yes I can. The 3 of us can whoop your ass and leave you bleeding in a fucking ditch."

I waved my hands around, "Oh, I'm so scared! 3 guys are threatening me! Get a fucking life." As I was walking away, I could hear someone running over to me. I simply moved to the right, and the mixed kid flies into view, failing to hit me with a haymaker. He landed into a chair.

"Careful, there's chairs everywhere," I said to him. The mixed kid gets up and walks back over to Cameron, "You're so cheap. You have to get one of your friends here to hit me? You're using them like you're using Jessica."

"You motherfucker!" Cameron yelled. He ran towards me while I simply stood and watched. As if on cue, Preston and Jason came in and held back Cameron. His face was bright red, and he was trying to wriggle himself out. He spewed every cuss word at me and saying bullshit threats to me. Preston and Jason let him go.

"Get out of here, both of y'all! Except you, Asia, stay here." Jason said.

Cameron and the black kid walked away. Jason stood in front of Asia.

"You want to have our auntie beat your ass again? Huh? Is that what you want?" Jason growled.

Asia lost some of the color in his skin, "N-no, Jay, I was just-"

"Just trying to jump Wynter here? I know what Cam did to him and I ain't happy about it. Me and auntie told you not to run around with him, he's fuckin' crazy. Yet here you are, trying to jump my friend? You better get your ass outta my sight. I'm tellin' auntie to whoop your ass twice as hard tonight. Go," Jason finished.

Asia gulped, and speed walked away. Jason put his hand on my shoulder, "Sorry you had to see that, bro. I gotta keep my brother in line somehow."

I looked at him in surprise, "Asia's your brother?"

He nodded, "Born two years after me. I love him, but I hate the shit he does. Me and my auntie try to turn him down a different road, but he just don't listen."

"You good, Wynter?" Preston asked.

I rubbed my tailbone. The pain was a lot more prevalent now, "Yeah. Asia pushed me into a table and I hit my tailbone. Must've hit the corner or something 'cause it hurts."

Jason sighed, "You need to go to the nurse, bro?"

I shook my head. Then, Preston said, "You don't need to worry about those 3. We got your back. If they try and jump you, we'll be there, okay?" Never in my life did I ever expect a football player to tell me that they've got my back. I fist-bumped him and told him thank you. Jason and Preston left, while I sat back at the table with Drake.

"Damn, this is getting worse," Drake said.

"Yeah, I know. I probably shouldn't have accepted Jessica's offer on that dance," I replied.

Drake shook his head, "It ain't your fault. You and Jessica were just dancing. Well, you did almost kiss her, but that's besides the point. Cameron's just being crazy."

"They're like the Holy Trinity, but not really holy, y'know? The Not-So-Holy Trinity is what we should call them," I suggested.

Drake broke out into laughter, "Yeah man. I like that name."