Chapter III

"Do you wanna hang out because...yeah know...I have no social life...you have no social life..."

Millie puts a hand on my knee.

"...let's be antisocial together! At my house."

Millie pulls my hand and I jerk it back.

"Millie. The school day hasn't even started yet."

Her face falls.

"Oh yeah. I forgot. Your a virgin."

My face turns hot pink and I smack her on the arm.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

She shrugs and gets up from the bench where we were sitting outside, waiting for Chris.

"Why do you get to go and I don't?" Millie says, her head down and a pretend sad face on.

I shrug.

"Chris wants to take me out for ice cream." I say, a smile etched on my face.

Millie whacks me on the arm and laughs.

"He doesn't have school?" She says, holdings in her giggles because she already knows the answer.

"Because his college doesn't..."

Millie falls off the bench and hold her stomach.

"What?" I say to her a smile on my face.

"Cassidy's dating a college boy, Cassidy is dating a college boy!"

I tackle her and put my hand over her mouth.

"Shut up Mills." I say.

Then the most disgusting thing in the world happens: she licks my hand.

"EWW!" I screech and start to clamber off of her.

I bump in to someone as I start to get up from the floor.

"Sorry." I say.

"No problem Cassidy."

That voice sounds really familiar.

I look up and see that Andrew is standing in front of me with a shirt that has a McDonald's sign that is apparently made of marijuana. One the top (instead of saying McDonald's, it says marijuana. Then on the bottom of the logo it says smokin' it (instead of lovin' it).

He has purple shades and jeans on. He has a snap back that has a giant marijuana leaf on it.

He offers his hand and I take it, noticing that on the backside of his wrist he has a tiny tattoo of a (you guessed it) marijuana leaf.

I brush myself off and look at him, blue eyes and all.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, stumbling over my words as I try to get over the way his eyes twinkle when he smiles.

Andrew shrugs and stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"And why are you wearing pants in 90 degree weather?"

Andrew shrugs again and rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"I don't know."

"And what's with the whole..." I motion to his outfit. "...marijuana theme?"

Andrew shrugs again and I see his eyes dart to the other side of the rode where a red Mercedes is parked.

I get closer to him so that Milly can't hear what I'm about to say.

"Who's in the car?"

"My girlfriend."

"Do you like your girlfriend."