Chapter 9: Drunk Monkeys

" Ella "  Calum grabbed me.  " Today's Ashton's birthday." He whispered.

  "So there is going to be cake?" I asked Calum. Calum sighed.

  " We are going to take Ashton to a bar." Calum said. " Your going have to stay here." I scrunched up my nose.

  "Who's going to watch me?" I sat crisscrossed on the floor.

   " It going to be liz." Calum said. 

"ok." i whispered softly. i got up and left. i just want to spend time with dad. thats it.

     Liz helped me get a dress on because we are going out for a birthday dinner.   I was wearing an orange dress with a yelow ribbon for the belt. liz put my hair up in a nice bun  which that finally stayed up. now weare in a car going to some restraunt. after we were done eating liz and the other mums would be dropped off to our house while the boys go and party.

    " when are the boys coming back?" I asked.  I sat on the couch right in between Michael's mum and Ashton's mum.

   " I don't know."

         " Hey!!" I hear one of the boy say. the room filled with the smell of   alcohol. I jumped down from the couch and hid. I have always had a bad experience with drunk people. they were the ones that caused me pain than sober people. I sat there in my hiding place. which was always the cabinet.  I slowly lost conscious.

     I woke up feeling abit cramped. I raised my head only getting hit by the low built of the of cabinet. I looked my hand. the orange light radiated from the crack in the door gave me enough light to see. I traced the white scars that were caused by beer bottles, cigarettes burns, bruises and the needles that were injected by doctors.

    I sniffed and laid my head on the side.

I saw the cabinet doors open reveling very concerned Ashton. I looked seeing Ashton pulling me out. I started crying, I didn't know what to do.  I knew he were sober but the reeked of booze.

   " Hey why are you crying?" Dad asked. he rubbed my back reassuring me that it ok.

   " I don't like drunk people." I sniffed.  Ashton nodded.

   " Can I show you something?" I asked dad.

"Yah, of course." Dad sat crisscrossed on the floor. I rolled up my sleeve showing little white scars. 

   "Who did this to you?" Dad asked. he ran his hand over my arms.

   " Drunk monkeys."  I stated simply. Dad got what I said and chuckled. He smiled.

  " I won't be a drunk monkey ever again." Dad promised. he grabbed me and hugged me. " I won't lose you to some drunk monkeys." I heard dad said.

   We stayed there on the floor hugging.