Chapter 04 | truce

There's A Little Bit Of Devil In Her Angel Eyes.

-If playing the video, play from 0.13 - 1.04 for Tavi's scene-

| - |

Sometimes, everything gets too much.

I wake up with hot sweats, my skin burning with the aching desire for just one more taste. Sweet promises of hope crawl over my entire body, whispering harmonies and broken tokens of trust into my ear.

It hurts.

Just one more. They tell me. Just one more hit.

But I can't.

My heart pounds against my chest‍, but the sound calms me.

Ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum.

Just another hit. Just one more time.

No. No. I can't do that to them again. I can't.

I can't do it to myself.

I need to stay clean, for myself. That's what my therapist used to say. It's not for my family, or Octavia, it's for me.

This is my fight, and only I can win it.

I sometimes question why I stayed with Rochelle when I knew I didn't have to. Yes, I fell for her. Yes, I'll never admit it.

Octavia calms me, her presence soothes the side of me that I would rather not show to the world. Rochelle never did that. She never tamed me, and that's what made me fall so hard, and that's the thing that made me fall into this abyss of misery after I left her. I liked her chaos. I liked how she rushed into my world like a huge fucking storm. She distracted me from the monster inside myself, rather than calming it. She distracted me from the desire for another hit.

Strolling into the living room, I notice that some of The Diamonds have already arrived. Liam and Ivan already appear to be arguing, with Rochelle and Lana just sat back on their phones without paying attention.

"Ever, ever, put your hands on me again and I will break every fucking bone in your body." Ivan seethes, narrowing his eyes in a way that showed every one of my brothers that it wasn't an empty threat.

It wasn't a secret that Ivan's foster father, the one that Rochelle killed when she was 14, sexually assaulted him continuously throughout his time in that group home. Of course, this knowledge was only announced after the events during Rochelle's court case, which revealed the severity of what they went through. Each of their experiences were different, but it was obvious that Ivan experienced one of the worst sides of it all.

"God," Liam held his hands up, taking a step away from Ivan while rolling his eyes. "Calm down, dude."

Their words catch Rochelle's attention, and her eyes move away from her phone and onto my younger brother.

"Liam, go sit over there." I point to the empty space next to Jayden, who for once was being unusually quiet.

"So what's gonna happen now?" Charlotte speaks up, fiddling anxiously with her fingers.

"I intend to rip up the entire Southside looking for them." Rochelle replies bluntly, "And I'm going to kill the fucker who took them."

"Where's Reagan, Quinn?" Elliot questions quietly, "He wasn't here yesterday, an-"

"Don't." Lana silences him, "We're not here to act like friends. All we want is Bo back so where Reagan is doesn't concern you."

"Watch how you talk to my irmão, bitch." Charlotte fumes, her eyes flashing with this burning anger that she only holds for Lana Brooks.