Chapter 16 | revenge

If They Stand Behind You, Give Them Protection.

If They Stand Beside You, Give Them Respect.

If They Stand In Front Of You, Watch Their Back.

And If They Stand Against You, Show Them No Mercy.

| - |

"We've found them." Rochelle Quinn holds up her phone, showing us exactly where the man had stopped.

"C'mon then." Alec looked at the map on Rochelle's phone, before he started jogging in the direction shown. My eyes divert to that of my brothers and sister, who nod before we start to run after them.

It doesn't take long for us to reach the deserted area of land in which those who harmed my family apparently stay. It didn't take long for us all to realise that this exact area was the place in which our rivalry began. Gage Park was in neutral territory despite the first ever gang fight taking part in this neighbourhood.

A flashing light and a blood curdling scream are what leads us to approach the abandoned church. We enter without hesitation, understanding completely what this could mean for us.

One more hit. Just one more.

My skin crawls, my throat closing up. Everything I had planned to tell them faded away.

My brother. Where is my brother?

"I've heard very bad things about you Diamonds. Alec's impressive ability to evade death, despite her calling your name more than once. Bodhi's ruthlessness. Ivan's ability to maim without hesitation. Jesse's fatal loyalty. Lana Brooks' infamous charm. Reagan Morgan's deadly fists. Skylar's fiery innocence. Rochelle's blood stained hands." A voice starts off, "Ah, The King's too. Charlotte's beauty. Liam's devotion to his family. Cole's diligence. Brett's troublemaking tantrums. Jayden's tendency to fight. Elliot's misfortune. And of course, the infamous Killian King." The boy remarked, grinning darkly at me. Another man stood behind him, his chest out proudly as he examined each of my brothers with his eyes. He introduced himself, "Reggie Crellin, and this is my second."

Fury reeks into my veins.

Two masked men pulled another two towards us. I recognised Brett's hair instantly, surging forward only to be stopped by Cole's firm hand.

His face was bloody, and his body obviously beaten.

Half of me wanted to vomit, and the other half begged to kill.

Bodhi stood next to him, panting heavily and supporting a face well worse than Brett. It wouldn't surprise me if he took most of the beatings, I knew how protective he could be over other people.

"No."

Rochelle's voice echoed through the cold air, causing everyone to look at her.

"Brandon." Her voice shook slightly, I stared at her.

Her eyes were wide, her fists clenched.

She looked furious.

I got the impression instantly that they've known each other for a long time, judging by the mischievous smirk he gave her and the unaffected look on his face. They were old friends but Rochelle's eyes leaked of betrayal. He must've hurt her, emotionally.

This isn't a message of hate or power.

It's revenge.

Revenge for the history between them.