Chapter 17 | secrets

The World Is Not A Wish Granting Factory.

| - | 

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Rochelle spits blood from her mouth, pulling her fallen hair back into a ponytail. "Do you know who I am?"

She had this look in her eyes. This feral, savage glimmer that made everyone want to run.

"I'm Rochelle Quinn. You're no one. You're in my territory now, Brandon. If you breathe, it's because I give you air. If you sleep, it's because I'm letting you fucking sleep." She raises her eyebrows, despite the cut skin lingering there. A wince escapes her as she straightens out her body, but other from that she shows no visible signs of pain. "This isn't Tinley anymore so tell me what the fuck you want."

"You're right, this isn't Tinley." Brandon agrees, "I think you already know the answer to your question."

Her eyes widen slightly and I swear I see fear flicker deep within her irises. She seems lost for words. Her stare moves to Reggie regardless, "You're going to remember me for this Reggie, I promise you."

"I have no doubt about that." He smiles.

"You know what I want. It's your choice now." Brandon smirks at her, a smirk that sends cool shivers down my spine. "You choose where we go from here."

"We have a deal."

Rochelle's jaw locks, and I just tell she just wanted to ruin him. But she stays still, freezing at her own words.

What fucking deal?

Brandon nods, as though proud of himself. "I'll be in contact."

"I will hurt you for this, I promise you." Her words are directed at both of them, "There's going to be a time when you think you're safe, when you think all of this has been forgotten. But all that happiness....all that hope will turn to ashes in your mouth. I don't break promises. You harmed my family so I'll harm yours. That's when you'll know the debt has been paid."

"I'll look forward to it." Reggie replies without an ounce of emotion before walking off into the night with Brandon by his side.

My eyes lock with hers, and the amount of pain reflected in her dark eyes almost makes me flinch.

"Go wait in the cars." I say to my family and Rochelle's. Once they leave completely, I speak. "What deal, Quinn?"

She looks away from me, glaring at the ground. I knew wholeheartedly that she wouldn't tell me unless she wanted to, but just before I go to step away, she mutters under her breath.

"I need to get them out."

"What does he want?!" I snap, making her shy away from me.

My blood begins to boil, what the fuck is he talking about?

Why's she acting different? Why's she acting like-

My thoughts cut off as she speaks again.

"I need to get them out of there, Kill. I need to."

"What does he want?" I repeat again, lowering my voice.

"Me." Her voice breaks, "He wants me."

I draw back as though I'd been slapped, my eyes widening.

"No." I shake my head without hesitating. "Not happening."

Her family needs her. Raven needs her.

" I...I.." She trails off, biting her lip. "I want to be the one to do it, Killian. I know he's got Brett as well but I want to kill him. I want to be the one who does it."