6.

SYDNEY’S POV

 Sunlight attacked her delicate eyes the moment she opened them. Groaning she turned away from it and then waited until, her eyes adjusted to the light in the room. She took in her surroundings and then shot up in bed when she didn’t recognise where she was.

  Sydney glanced round the odd room and made a face at its unusual colour. It was black. Everything inside the room was black. The bed, the sheets, the blanket, the walls, the carpet and the chairs, even the curtains too. It looked like what the inside of the house of the devil would look, if he ever decided to build one.

  “Where am I?” She questioned herself and scrambled out of bed, falling to the floor.

  Ouch! She exclaimed, rubbing her ankle, which was throbbing in pain.  

  All of a sudden, everything came back to her slowly. She remembered how she hurt her ankle. It was her mother’s doing. She came to the party at NBC last night and beat the crap out of her.  

 Sydney did not know how her mother knew where to find her, but she knew Hansen was to blame for all this. If he hadn’t come looking for her that day, she wouldn’t have ended up in the city. Her mother also wouldn’t have kicked her out and hence beat her up afterwards.

  Hansen was at fault, but she was more upset with his brother, whoever he was.

  “Sydney, my brother doesn’t want you to play his fiancé anymore?”       

  She thought her world had crumbled down on her. “What? Why?” She asked.

  “I don’t know he just decided not to.”

  That was when she realised what a fool she had been. She had no knowledge who this brother of his was, or if he even really existed. She only realised her foolishness after Hansen told her. She had risked her life, her family and even her job, by coming to the city, only to get rejected by a man she didn’t even know.

  That rejection hurt as much as it did whenever the producers of a movie didn’t pick her.

  “Sydney please come to the party and meet him.” Hansen urged.

  She didn’t want to meet him at first, but then she thought.  

 What the heck, this is my chance to meet him and give him a piece of my mind.

 Now come to think of it, she regretted her decision. That anger which led her into attending that party was gone, leaving pain. Her mother almost beat her to death. If it weren’t for that kind stranger who came to her rescue, she probably wouldn’t have been alive today.

  Picking herself up, Sydney found herself staring at her reflection in the mirror. She gasped in horror when she saw the creepy girl staring back at her. The way her dark hair fell over one part of her face, made her look like a character out of a horror movie. The black sweater she had on wasn’t helping either. It only enhanced the creepy reflection, which was she.

   Wait, a minute. That was when it hit her. This was not the clothes she wore yesterday. Her mind raced with so many questions:

 Where was the shiny brown dress she wore to the party last night?

  Why was she in a sweater?

  Who changed her?

  Where was she?