27.

Sydney never looked so beautiful. That dress, was doing things to her body and his body was reacting to it. Just as this afternoon at the bridal store when he saw her in the wedding gown, this evening gown was also making him loose his mind over how perfectly it fit her.

She descended the staircase and placed her hand in Anderson’s. He planted a light kiss on her cheek. For that split second, his breath fanned on her face, making her weak in the knees. “You look stunning.” He said in a flirty tone, which made her heart do a dance.

Smiling, she linked her arm with his and then complimented him too. “And you look drop-dead gorgeous.”

When they reached the front door, he helped her put her coat on before they stepped out of the house. The limousine was waiting for them outside. Right beside it was a smirking Hansen who stood with his arms crossed. On his face, was a look, which Anderson interpreted very well as the, “I knew this would happen” look.

“Sydney, my god you look gorgeous!” He approached them.

“Thank you.” Sydney left Anderson’s arm and hugged Hansen. “And you do not look too bad yourself.” They drew back and he smiled at her.

“Now, tell me. When did this happen?” He asked. Almost instantly, her cheeks went scarlet, confirming his suspicion.

Sydney glanced back at Anderson whose gaze was already on her. “That’s none of your business.” Anderson came to her rescue, throwing a possessive arm around her waist. “Come, we are getting late for dinner.” He told Sydney and led her away.

The chauffer was there to open the door for them when they reached the car. Anderson helped Sydney inside. Just as he was getting in, Hansen spoke some words that brought him turning around. “Do not hurt her.”

Anderson smiled at his brother. “I won’t.” Hansen threw his arms around him in a quick hug. When they separated, Anderson examined his brother’s suit. “You are looking great tonight. Are you going somewhere?”

Hansen’s face lit up at the question and that made Anderson suspicious. Whenever his brother was gazing out into space, as he was doing right now, there was only one question to ask. “Who’s the lucky girl?”

A grin found its way onto Hansen’s lips and he sighed. “She is special, that’s all I can say for now.” He said with something like a blush showing on his cheek.

Anderson was happy for his brother. It had been a long time since his brother had gotten serious with a girl. “So who is she?” He asked.

“I am sorry, I can’t tell you. The only thing I can say is; she is special.” Anderson was disappointed, but not mad. If his brother did not want to tell him who she was yet, that meant she really was special and important to him. From the look on his face, he knew his brother had fallen head over heels.

“Alright, I better get going before I am late.” Hansen glanced at his watch and then headed to his car.

Anderson got into the limo and the chauffeur drove them out of the compound. Tonight, he and Sydney were going out on their first date and he could not have been happier. He could not wait to hear about her. Where she grew up? How her family was? What were her favorite things and many more.

  They arrived at a luxury restaurant and went in. Sydney was glad that she wore one of her few evening gowns, because if she had not she would have been underdressed. Everything inside the restaurant screamed luxury, even the private table they sat around in at the back of the restaurant looked fit for a king.

 As soon as they ordered, Anderson rained questions on Sydney. She, however, gladly answered every question because she knew this was what they came for. They spoke throughout the meal until dessert came, then she started questioning him.