26.

They now sat in silence in the living room of Anderson’s black mansion, with fingers entwined. It was a very comfortable silence, which also held many unanswered questions.

“Anderson.”

“Yes?” These were the first words they spoke to each other since the passionate kiss they shared at that restaurant.

Squeezing his hands, Sydney continued. “So what happens now?” She asked to which he shrugged.

“I don’t know.” Anderson replied, while meeting her gaze. “But there’s one question I want to ask.” He paused. “Will you be my girlfriend?”    

Sydney smiled before replying. “Yes.” He took her lips in a sweet kiss again. When he released them a few moments later, he placed his forehead to hers and gazed deep into her mesmerizing eyes.

“You have such alluring eyes. I get lost just staring at them.” He confessed, to which she blushed.

“And your eyes are just so captivating. I sometimes get lost in their beauty.” Anderson wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him. For the first time, in forever, he knew how it felt like to love someone and have the person reciprocate it.

“Anderson, what will happen with us now?” Sydney just asked the question he was just thinking about, but he did not have an answer to it.

“I don’t know.” Indeed, he did not know what would happen to them now. They were getting married in two weeks, according to the contract; but what about them. They have just become a couple. They knew nothing about each other. They could not possibly just get married. He had barely started getting used to the idea that he now had a girlfriend, let alone a wife!

“We are getting married in two weeks. What about that?” Sydney asked, as if reading his mind. “What are we going to do?”

“I don’t know.” He told her, while running his fingers through her hair. Oh how, he would have loved to say they should postpone the wedding until when both of them wants to do it. However, his father’s deadline to get married is fast approaching and he needs his inheritance.

All his life, he had not been given any responsibilities because they had always considered him as the non-serious brother. Now, he wanted to change that perception his family had of him. He needed to prove to them, especially his father, that he could be responsible. And getting his inheritance was the only way he could do that.

Sighing, he suggested the next thing that came to his mind. And after he spoke the words, he liked the idea. “Let’s forget the contract and get married for real.”  

Sydney broke out of his arms, gasping. “Are you serious?”

“Yeah.” He said. “We are in love and there’s already going to be a wedding. Why not just get married.”

“But this is a contract marriage?” She said.

“We can forget it.” Anderson took her hand. “Or don’t you want to marry me?”

Sydney was stunned to silence as she asked herself if he just asked her to marry him for real. Was he out of his mind? They just became a couple less than five minutes ago, and now he wanted them to get married in two weeks?

“Anderson, are you insane?” She asked.

“Insanely in love with you, yes.” He replied and she smiled. “Come on, let’s get married.” He urged.

“But we barely know each other.” She told him.

“Okay, my name is Anderson Niles. I am twenty-seven years old. My favorite color is black. I like…”