Chapter Two - The Search

Sebastian POV~

—————————————————

We had just entered the little town. I looked around at the assortment of tiny houses. We continued riding up the dirt road until we came up to a bar.

"Wait here," I commanded the other two.

I got off my horse and gave the reins to Bard. I walked towards the rundown building. When I reached the front, I pushed open the door and a crowd of people was visible. The chatter continued as I walked towards the bar.  A man who was currently cleaning glasses stood behind the bar. I saw him look up, and then he walked towards me.

"What may I get you," he asked in a gruff voice.

"I need nothing to drink," I answered back, "I do have a question for you."

Once I said that he looked slightly nervous.

"And what be the question," he asked, small amounts of fear laced in his voice.

"Do you know any people with special talents," I asked and watched as his faces calmed down completely.

"Aye, I do," he said as he continued to clean the cup in his hand. " A young fellow was here but a few hours ago. He was doing tricks for all the little children in town. He left towards the next village. He was walking so he shouldn't have made it very far."

I nodded and thanked the man for the news. I walked out of the bar and went to tell Finny and Bard the news. I got on my horse and we sent off towards the other tiny village. We kept a close eye for any young boy walking towards the town. We continued riding until the first house came to view. We arrived at the town and heard a slight chatter coming from the center of town. We hooked up the horses and wandered towards the noise. When we go there we saw a whole group of men, women, and children. They were all gathered in a circle. A young boy stood in the center of them. He had dark blue hair and a bright blue eye. He wore a commoners clothing but wore a velvet eyepatch over his eye. 'Why is he wearing an eyepatch,' I thought. A moment later he looked at the audience around him.

"Now I need a volunteer," he spoke with grace and command.

He looked around until he spotted Finny, who was waving his hand in the air.

"You," he spoke as the walked towards Finny." Will you help me?"

Finny nodded his head and took the strangers outstretched hand. They both walked towards the center of the circle.

"Please stand in front of that tree," he told Finny.

He walked towards a case sitting on the ground. He grabbed a hand full of knives and turned back to Finny.

"Are you still okay with volunteering," he asked in a quiet voice.

Finny nodded and the young boy walked about twenty feet away. The bluenette turned towards him and got into his stance. He throws the knife at a quick speed and it was located right above Finny's head. The crowd let out a gasp as it looked like a close call. Next, he throws another two at the same time. They were both embedded right next to Finny's neck. He continued until he was surrounded by knives, all extremely close to his skin and clothing. The crowd erupted into applause. The boy thanked Finny and got ready for his last performance. He ran towards some boxes, they were shaped like a staircase. He was standing on the roof of a building, a rope stretched across to another building about thirty feet away. The crowd gasped, he was fifteen feet above the ground and there was no net! Even I was slightly shocked at this. 'This is extremely dangerous, what is he thinking,' I thought. I watched as the young boy took his first step onto the rope. He started off easy, but then it turned into a dance. He twirled, taking graceful steps. He continued this until he got to the center of the rope, then he just stopped. He picked up one foot, in reply, the crowd gasped and shrieked. He stood like that for a second, then he did a full spin. He stopped perfectly, then took a speedy run towards the other building. When only a few feet away he jumped and did a flip. He landed perfectly and turned towards the audience. He bowed and faced silence, then a huge roar of applause. He jumped down and walked towards the center. He picked up his stuff and face the crowd.

"Thank you all for watching," he said turning to face us all."I hope you all enjoyed, and have a good day."

With that, he turned towards the road and started walking. The group quickly dispersed and we chased after him.

"Wait," Finny yelled and waved his hand.

The boy turned around to look at us. He quickly scanned us all, a small tinge of blush on his pale face.

"How may I help you," he asked.

"We have to ask you something," Bard said, looking at the young lad.

"Yes, What is it," he asked looking up at us.

"We want you to join our Circus," I said looking at him. I say as his eye lit up in an emotion, which one I cannot say.

He stared at us for a minute before starting to speak.

"Well... I don't see why not," he said looking up at us.

I grinned at him and saw him look at the ground. 'Wonder what is wrong,' I thought as Finny ran up and hugged him. For the first time, I saw his smile up close. It was completely stunning. 'Wait, What am I thinking?' I haven't thought that of anyone except Mari.' Wait, am I falling in love?!'

—————————————————

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I'll update very soon! Bye!

~Author