Chapter Ten.

It's Like Monopoly, But Physical.....

Chapter Ten.

    Van wants us to cool it on the jokes. How am I supposed to do that? We joke all the time. Without jokes, I'm a completely different person. Joking with him has MADE this hate-ship, I can't just stop cold turkey. That's like having chocolate milk once and being expected to NEVER drink it again; IMPOSSIBLE. I just wish that he never would've showed up at my house last night with those tickets and that adorably sexy look on his face... If we were still in that stupid fight, it'd be a lot easier to pretend he doesn't exist.

    But, it's always like that, if we get in a fight we ALWAYS make up and admit how stupid we both were. Last night wasn't the only night like that. We always have those kinds of nights; talking with the TV playing in the background, in the dark, the only light coming from the television. Or sometimes having the radio play, or whatever. The point is that; I don't think we've ever stopped talking for more than four days, well, not including Freshman year when we only talked when we were forced by our parents.

    I guess since Vans' dad is cheating on his mom, they won't be coming to family dinners. Well, one at a time maybe, but not together, I have a feeling that would put my parents in an awkward position., not only that, but Van and I too.

    After Van and I finish our homework within the next couple of hours, which I watched him do, so I don't know how in the hell he's failing his classes. I think that Mr. Brenan was smoking crack or something. I mean, I didn't actually see his work, but I know for a fact that he did it. I'd hate for him to not graduate, that means that he'd have to repeat the twelfth grade and that would suck.

    "So, tell me—"

    Van gets cut off when my cell phone starts vibrating on my dresser. I don't rush up and get it, mainly because whoever it is, can probably wait.

    "Aren't you going to get that?" he asks me.

    I shake my head and look down at my already finished homework, pretending it's not. "I'm sure it's nobody important."

    "Then you won't mind if I get it," Van says standing up from the floor and walking over to my dresser. He picks it up and says, "Hello, you've reached the homosexuality clinic, being gay is okay! How may we help you today?"

    OH MY GOD! I totally forgot that Evan said he would call me tonight. Great, this one won't be easily explained. Gosh, why does Van have to be such a pain in the ass. I mean, he could've said anything, but know, he had to say something about being gay.

    "Evan? I don't know an Ev— Oh wait, you must be the college guy," Van says, grinning at me as I get off my bed to grab my cell phone from him. "You want to talk to Abby, huh? About what?" Van asks him and I try to grab my phone, but he moves his hand. "Here Abby, he wants to talk to you," Van tells me while handing me my cell phone.

    Well, that was easy enough. "Hello?" I say when I put my phone up to my ear.

    "Hey, Abby?" Evan says. "Who was that?"

    "Yeah, sorry Evan. That was my neighbor, he's gay and likes to answer the phone like that to help any 'confused' people," I explain, holding back laughter and Van is sitting on my bed with his mouth hanging open.

    "Oh, no problem, but I'm not gay," Evan says.

    "Good, me either," I laugh. "I guess that's one thing we have in common."

    Evan chuckles. "I bet we have a lot in common, so how about we go out tomorrow night and find out?"

    He's asking me out! "Like on a date?" I check.