Chapter Eighteen.

It's Just Like Monopoly, But Physical...

Chapter Eighteen.

When I get home from school, I find my mom cooking in the kitchen. I hope she chops off a finger and bleeds to death.

"Abby, honey, is that you?" my mom asks from the kitchen, as I head up the stairs.

"No!" I reply and keep walking up the stairs.

"Wait a minute, I wanted to talk to you about your grades," she tells me and I can hear her voice getting closer so I pick up my pace and quickly get into my room, shutting the door behind me.

I can't talk to her right now, if I do, I'm going to explode with anger and put her in her place, which wouldn't be so bad right about now. I'd love to do that, but I'm waiting until my dad gets home from work. That's when this will happen. I know I should wait a little bit, to give my mom some time to figure out if she wants to come clean or if I should to it for her, but I can't wait any longer.

I've lost all of my friends because of this. The guys are ditching me until Van and I fix things, but I don't think that they fully understand. Sure, Van probably didn't tell me because he wanted to spare my feelings, but I never asked him to spare my feelings. I'm miss him like crazy, but I can do this, I can deal with this by alone. I don't need him.

Evan pretty much got the picture when I never called him back, or replied to texts. The date was great, it really was, but it's not what I'm looking for. I just need to be Abby right now. You know sort this whole family situation out a little. I don't want to make any hasty decisions right now because I can't afford the outcomes.

My mom knocks on my door while saying, "Abby can I come in?"

"No," I answer, but does she listen, no, instead she opens the door anyways, hold a white sheet of paper. She's finally done it, I can't keep quiet about this for another second.

"I wanted to tell you that your report card came today, and I'm very impressed," she smiles at me.

I snatch the paper from her and rip it in half. "Awesome, now you can go."

She puts her hands on her hips. "What's bothering you?"

My mouth drops out, is she for real? "You."

"Me? What did I do?" She asks, putting on her fake voice. I'm not stupid mom, so don't treat me like I am.

"Don't play games, mom, I know what's going on," I inform her.

Her face goes blank. "W-what are y-you talking about?" my mom stutters.

"I know about you and Van's dad, so you can drop the act," I say to her.

She's quiet for a minute because she knows that she's busted. I wonder if I were to hit her, if she would call the cops and press charges?

"Look, um, Abby, things—"

"I honestly don't care to listen to what you have to say, alright. So how about you stay out of my way and I'll stay the fuck out of yours," I say, not really giving her the option of saying no.

"Abby, I know that you're upset, but I'm still your mother, and I will not have you talking to me like that," she says simply.

"I'm more than upset, I'm fucking furious. Biologically; you're my mother, but a real mom, wouldn't tear her whole family apart," I tell her and she knows I'm right. "Are even going to tell dad?"

"I am, one day, but what Vance's dad and I had is over, I'm not seeing him anymore. So everything is going to go back—"

"No mom, it's not. Do you even know what kind of a man Van's dad is? He hit his wife, is that really the kind of man you want to be with?"