Chapter Sixteen.

It's Like Monopoly, But Physical...

Chapter Sixteen.

Van's still looking at me when he says, "Abby can I just—"

"No," I reply, cutting him off before he can finish.

"But—"

"I don't want to talk about it and I especially don't want to talk about it with you, got it?" I snap at him.

"Ab—"

"No, Van. Just stop, okay? You're only making it worse," I tell him, now it's just getting annoying. I walk away from my car and start to head inside.

"Abby, wait. You have to promise me that you aren't going to tell your mom that you know," Van says loudly.

How can he tell me to do that? I'm telling my mom then I'm telling my dad. My dad has a right to know. I stop walking and turn around. "Van, if you think that that I'm just going to sit by and let this happen, like you obviously have, you couldn't be more wrong. So just stay out of this!"

"Abby, it's not our problem to deal with, we'd only be making it worse. And if we get in the way we would only be creating more problems," he states.

"What do you know? Like I'm really going to listen to you. You know you're just like your dad, sure, your dad may be a cheater, but you; your just a liar," I tell him. I look at his face and can tell that I hurt him. I can't believe that I just said that. Wait, I didn't mean that. Did I? I wanted to hurt him and make him feel like I feel, but I think that was the wrong way. Van slowly starts to walk away, dropping the conversation. "Wait, Van, I didn't mean that!" I yell after him.

"If I don't get to be sorry, then you don't get to be sorry," Van replies harshly, without turning around.

I turn around and walk inside for real this time, neither of us saying anything. I make my way upstairs and into my room. I don't even change my clothes, I just crawl underneath the covers.

This has been without a doubt, the worst night of my entire life. It's a amazing how fast I can go from hating somebody, to loving them, and then back to hating them. I hate Van so much for not telling me. I even gave him opportunities to tell me, but he didn't that's what pisses me off. If he would've just told me, then I wouldn't be completely pissed at him. I just don't understand how he could keep something like that from me. If he could keep that from me, then what else can he keep from me?

How could my mom even do this to my dad? My dad is a great guy, I don't understand what Van's dad could possibly have that my dad doesn't? My mom is completely screwed up. Is she not thinking about what's going to happen when my dad finds out? This is going to cause the whole family to have problems, god this is so messed up.

In the morning, I wake up to the sun shinning through my window and pull the covers over my head. I don't care if aliens are attacking, nothing is getting me out of this bed. I'm just going to stay here the whole day and be depressed. It just sucks that I have to be depressed by myself. I hate it. The one person I thought I could talk to is Van and I don't have him anymore.

Right as I close my eyes again, I feel something in my pocket shaking. What is that? That's not my phone—oh yeah, I have Van's phone. Crap! That means that he has my phone. I quickly throw my covers off of me and run out of my room and start down the stairs, but stopping on the middle step.

Wait, I can't go get my phone back, I don't even want to see him, let alone speak to him. Damn, I really need my cell phone back though. I'll go over there for my cell phone and my cell phone only, but that's IT! I'm not going to apologize for anything. If I was sorry then I wouldn't have said them and if Van was sorry, he wouldn't have kept anything from me.