Chapter Thirteen.

Chapter Thirteen.

I drag my feet up the steps of the stairs and make it to my room. When I open the door I see somebody laying on my bed, on top of the covers. Is that who I think it is?

"Van, what are you doing here?" I ask, dropping my purse in the corner and bringing my hands to my hips.

Van slowly sits up and rubs his eyes with his palms. "Nice to see you too," he grumbles sarcastically. "I just wanted to make sure that you were going to get home okay," he answers, his voice a sleepy-husky tone.

"Well, I'm here, so you can go now," I reply

He shakes his head and lays back down. "You know, your bed is really comfortable, it's so cushiony," he chuckles, ignoring my reply.

"I know, it's like the fluffiest thing since Wonder Bread," I say seriously.

Van laughs. "So how was the date?" he asks.

I sigh. "Fine," I answer, flipping the light switch.

Van looks at me, "that's it? Just 'fine'?"

"Yep," I answer, walking into my closet to change. I shut the door and look through shirts hanging up. I stop when I see a blue t-shirt with red sleeves and a large 'S' in the middle. I pull it off of the hanger and then pick out a pair of black Sophie shorts. Since I'm wearing the Superman shirt, it's only right that I wear the superman underwear together, I tell myself as I pull the panties out of my dresser. I take off my clothes and slip on the clothes that I'm going to wear to bed.

I walk back into my room and plop on my bed, making a big sigh. "You're still here?"

"I don't want to go back to my house," Van replies.

"Then go stay at Kendall's," I tell him.

"But I want to stay here."

"But I don't want you to stay here."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm still mad at you and if you're here I'm going to forgive you and I'm not ready to forgive you yet," I answer simply.

Van scoots closer to me, he's only about an inch from me. "Abby, I'm really sorry."

"Yeah, well, go be sorry somewhere else," I snap.

"We were fine a couple of hours ago," he points out.

"Yeah," I agree. "But that's because Kyle was here and I didn't want to explain the situation to him. Not to mention that you were a total dick to Evan."

Van laughs. "Abbs, chill, it's not like you actually like the guy."

My attention shoots toward him. "Yes I do."

"No you don't."

"Yeah, well, you don't like Kendall."

"I do," he says defensively. "Just not all the time," he adds. "So does that mean I can stay?"

I laugh. "Fine you can stay, but in the guest bedroom."

"I'll settle for the floor of your room," he grins.

"You're not sleeping in my room," I state.

He give me a funny look and asks, "why not?"

"Because, sometime in the wee hours of the night, you'll end up in my bed, like you always do when you 'sleep on the floor'," I remind him.