Chapter Seventeen.

It's Like Monopoly, But Physical...

Chapter Seventeen.

Downstairs I find my mom curled up on the couch next to my dad. When the hell did this happen? Is it possible to kill somebody with your mind because I'm pretty sure I just set my moms head on fire and put it out with a fork.

Does she not realize where she was last night? She was in a hotel room screwing Van's dad! And look at her now, looking all Happy-Holly. No, hell no. This isn't how it's going working. She isn't going to play my dad like this. I won't let it fly. I'm going to make sure that my dad knows about this. If he chooses to forgive my mom, then that's his decision, but he will be given the option.

If my mom wants to be a cheating slut, then I'm going to treat her like one. I've had enough practice on Kendall, so I've not this.

"Good morning, pumpkin," my dad says to me.

"Morning, dad," I reply, flashing him a sympathetic smile. You know, I feel bad for him, just like I feel bad for Van's mom. My dad and his mom are so innocent in this whole thing.

"Hey, Abby, there's strawberry milk in the fridge that's going to go bad soon, if you don't drink it," my mom tells me.

I drink chocolate milk, remember? "Yeah, but I like chocolate milk and if I drink strawberry milk it'd be like I'm cheating on chocolate milk, don't you think? And cheating's bad, isn't, mommy?" I say vindictively.

My mom looks at me funny. "Are you okay, Abby?" she asks me.

"Just peachy," I fake smile. "I'm leaving, so I may come back, or I may not," I tell them and walk to the front door.

"Dinner's at six!" my mom calls after me, but I slam the door before she can say anything else. God, I don't think it's possible to hate somebody as much as I hate my mom right now. If my mom and I were walking down the road and a big Semi-truck came by, I'd push her ass in front of it and make sure that every tire hit her head, hoping that would knock some sense into her. Wow, that was pretty graphic. I'm am so going to hell.

I get in my car and start driving. I don't even know where I'm going, I'm kind of just driving around, just to get away. I don't think that I want to talk to anybody. I'm not quite ready for that. Besides, who wants to listen to this? Who really cares what I have to say? But what I do have to say is pretty common, I mean you'd say the same thing. You'd respond the same way if you knew your 'mother' was having an affair with the 'father' of the guy you...love?

When Monday's finally here, I'm extremely late to school, but guess what? Right when I walked into first period, Van wasn't there. Is that's not fucking dandy, then I don't know what is! Not only does he not have to deal with all of this shit, but he doesn't have to deal with school either. Lucky bastard. Not to mention that I washed my hair twice again today, because why? I was thinking about that 'lucky bastard'!

By the time I get to calculus, I don't even think that Mr. Brenan is speaking English. Seriously, it's all coming out weird. I can't even focus on this shit. Why am I even here? I don't want to be here. What the difference between me being here and not learning anything, from not being here and still learning nothing. I feel really stupid right now, like there's nothing inside my head. Huh, I guess this is what Kendall feels like all of the time. I never would've thought, in a million years, that I would be on the same thinking level as Kendall Kennedy. That's just revolting, I can't believe that I just said that. I need to get away from all of this. Seriously.

After Calculus, I walk out and realize that I didn't learn a damn thing, or write down the homework assignment. Oh well. If I have to repeat the twelfth grade, so will Van. Wait, no, then I'll have to be around him for another year. Damn, I didn't think about that. I need to stop thinking about him, I tell myself as I sit down at the cafeteria table, after buying some Oreos.