Chapter Three: We are all strangers...

Hey guys make sure to read tell the end for my update stuff! Enjoy the chapter!

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

Even though the sign said we were close it felt like we've been driving for hours... my brain was shutting down from stress and I felt dizzy.

I felt a slight tug on my shirt and looked over and Davy. He looked sicker than ever. Slowly, he lifted a shaky finger and pointed to the grass by the road.

We didn't really have time to pull over but if that's what he wants...

In one swift movement I pulled us onto the side of the road. Without hesitation Davy stumbled out of the car and fell onto the dirt. He began to choke and throw up blood.

There was no time for driving anymore! I turned to Lina. "Lina, I know your probably stressed enough but just stay here with him and I'm going to go look for help. I promise I'll hopefully return with people and food."

"Are you insane!? What if he turns!?" She said. My heart began to pound really fast at the thought of him becoming one of those things.

"He's not going to," I said turning around and running into the forest. This probably wasn't one of my smartest moves seeing as the forest is quiet and there could be thousands of those things in here.

I facepalmed suddenly regretting not bringing the knife or Davy's gun with us.

After a while of walking I felt even more dizzy. What if Davy had already turned and took Lina and the kid with him.

My thoughts were broken by a bright light shining in my face. It blurred my vision and I stumbled backwards. "Who's there?!" Said an unfamiliar voice.

When the light cleared away I looked up, it was a survivor. "There's someone over here!" He yelled before turning to me. "Take off your mask."

I didn't know if I should listen to him. I've seen the walking dead and I know not all people are friendly. Ugh! What choice do I have!?

Slowly I lifted the mask from my face. The burning was gone.

More people emerged from behind him, two more. "Should we take him back?" Said a woman in the back. She seemed older, at least older than I was.

"Are there more of you?" Said the man in the front as he helped me up. I nodded so fast I swear I almost fainted. "How many?"

Taking I deep breath I began to speak, "I have two more people p-plus a ch- baby, sir." He raised an eyebrow.

"M-my friend is bitten sir, he needs help, please help." I said my eyes tearing up. The stress was beginning to be to much. I fell to my hands and knees practically begging.

I had stress hives covering my arms and legs and they were starting to burn a little. I was so busy crying like a baby who just got there candy stolen I didn't even realize that the small group had huddled up discussing something...

A little time past and they all turned to face me again. I got up trying to be professional again. Oh god what was I doing?!

"So we've made a plan, we'll help you and your friends but in return you have to help us." Help? I probably wouldn't be very helpful. "Don't worry it's nothing crazy! We just need you to go on scouting missions with us. We just look for food and survivors. Our group was originally sent out by the hospital. They wanted us to find as many people as we could but our group decided to leave knowing how they would eventually run out of supplies. Now it's up to us to fend for ourselves..."

His story seemed pretty strait forward but I had to be sure this dude was legit.

"And how exactly do you plan to help Dav- I mean! My friend?"

"Well, we don't have much but we have a pretty decent medic. We've found a way to stabilize the bite but we can't cure it fully." He said. His face seemed so serious.

"So your saying... that my friend will die eventually but he'll have a couple more days to live." He nodded.

This was the hardest decision of my life. I didn't want Davy to suffer but I couldn't see him die. He had to stay alive! Just a bit longer until this whole thing blows over.

"O-Okay it's a deal!" The man smiled and gestured for me to lead to way. Shakily I began to walk, I really hope these people are who they say they are.

In these conditions... we probably shouldn't trust anyone but I need to help my friend. If I lose him... and I know I will but... he's like a brother.

The walk back felt longer but when we got back I felt a rush of relief. Davy was still somewhat alive. Lina had gotten out of the car and was patting him on the back then she looked up at us.

"I found some people who promised to help us," I said. Now that we had everything under control I couldn't wait to sleep. Knowing that my friend would live a bit longer if this works and that we would have food for the baby made me really happy.

Even though I was happy a part of me didn't feel it. I guess it's cause I haven't taken my depression pills all day... would I end up going insane if I keep this up?

And when this clears up... would we be orphans? My parents... I still haven't forgotten the empty looks only there faces. Did they become one of those things!?

"Oliver... Oliver!" I jumped up. I must have been really deep in thought. "Oliver, are you okay? We have to get moving, there coming..." Lina said. I nodded.

Quickly we gathered everything, Lina held the baby and I guess I had to help Davy. Weakly he rapped his arm around me and I helped him walk.

"Why don't I carry the kid?" Said the man with a smile on his face. Again, it was sketchy but I think it's good to trust. Slowly I slipped away and the man swept Davy off his feet carry him in his arms.

We don't  know how far there camp is but I hope it's close. I began to lag behind my legs giving up on me. Lina stayed back with me and we actually got to talk normally.

"So I've been meaning to ask..." I said. "What's her  name?" I pointed at the baby. She smiled and gently kissed the baby on her forehead.

"Her name is Isabelle, after my grandmother," she said. What a pretty name...

"Oliver, I'm sorry about getting to close this morning! I didn't mean to freak you out, that wasn't my intention." She actually seemed serious.

"Um... what was your intention then?" I asked my face turning red.

"Well, I suppose I didn't really have an intention. Actually maybe I was trying to freak you out! You just seemed so interested in my photos." We both laughed.

"That's another thing... what made you change from that happy smiling little girl to what you are now?" I knew I shouldn't of asked that...

"I'll uhm... I'll tell you later okay?" And then she sped up catching up with the rest of the group. It was a pretty touchy subject, I should have waited to ask.

As the winds blew on my face and threw my hair I was actually surprised how calm the night was. The infection must not have spread this far yet but I don't want to jinx it. I guess all I can do now is rely on hope, I hope these people are not lying, I hope I can see Davy smile at least once, and I hope that Lina is capable of taking care of Isabelle.

<<<>>><<<>>><<<
Hello!

I don't really have an update for this chapter! Sorry it came out so late I was really busy today and I started writing this at 11:00 o'clock at night and it's currently 1 so RIP my sanity. Hope you guys are hyped for the next chapter!

Bye~

-Astral Plane_