Chapter Ten: For Our Blood

Hey everyone ! Hope you guys enjoy the chapter!

<<<>>><<<>>><<<

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop thinking during breakfast, I hope that Hyun's okay... I really do. It feels weird saying this but even though me and Hyun are still strangers I feel like I care more about her than myself right now, is that weird? Maybe...

My thoughts were interrupted... like always... by Tobias who wanted to talk to me for some reason. He's another person who I feel has gone a long way. Even though he is annoying I have grown to like him a little. Anyway, I followed him over to a nearby tent that was set up in the corner opposite of mine and Hyuns cabin. He crawled inside and I followed.

"What's up?" I asked sitting down across from him. He looked worried which means that whatever he was about to tell me was not good.

"I'm not really suppose to tell you this but I can't sit around and let it happen... what you guys drank last night was... was-" I clenched my fists.

"Was what?"

"IT WAS ZOMBIE BLOOD!" He yelled resting his head in his hands. It took me a minute to process what he had just said before running out of the tent to throw up again. After I finished he ushered me back in.

"W-Why... what?" I was stunned. It felt like my soul had just melted away. I- we drank someone's blood... AND WORSE it was rotten... oh my...

"Well, let me explain. My mother, before this, was a nurse at the hospital not far from here. She's always experimented with blood and stuff but on our way to this place we had to kill a few walkers and it was like she was going crazy. She kept saying this was new and she needed to experiment with it which was really confusing for me and dad but we went along with it. So... she took a... jar... and collected there blood. One night we caught her drinking it and it was really creepy but she... convinced my father to try it so he did and immediately became hooked just like her," he continued to talk but I wasn't sure I was listening at this point.

"Wouldn't that... turn them?" I eventually asked interrupting him.

"Well, I guess not. But here is the part I need to tell you. My parents became so hooked they began drinking every single walkers blood they came across. They drank it so much that the walkers stopped coming around... and so the only way for my parents to get blood was to get survivors and turn them..." He looked down almost like he was going to cry.

"What are you saying?" I began biting my nails.

"My parents went out, found walkers, locked them in a cellar in there house and throw every survivor they find down there."

"And?"

"There going to throw Hyun down there!" I jumped to my feet immediately. "Well they already did but they knocked her out so they're waiting for her to wake up before they release the... zombies. We could save her if we hurry!"

"Why are you telling me this now?!" I felt a small spark of frustration flick through me.

"I'm sorry you guys just seemed so happy and I didn't want to ruin it, I think I already did though..."

"Can you lead me to this cellar?" I asked helping him to his feet.

"Of course but there is a problem..."

"What?"

"My parents keep there cabin locked so we are going to have to get the keys from them somehow," I think I had an idea for getting the keys from them.

Toby told me his dad normally carries them so it's up to me to try and get them from him. We didn't have much time so I figured I should go and try to talk him into giving me those keys as soon as possible.

<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<

Hey everyone I'm back!!!

I feel like I always apologize at the end of chapters but this chapter is a lot shorter than the normal ones I write. This is because... I've began working on another book! I've already got the info page published so you guys should hop over there and check it out.

However, FEAR NOT MY FELLOW PUPILS FOR THY SHALL STILL UPDATE THE MARVELOUS APOCALYPTIC! The chapters just might not be as long but it's a price we have to pay sadly...

I guess I really have nothing else to say! See you all in the next chapter.

-Astral Plane_ <3